Get lorry fleet insurance quotes now
- Cover for Lorries of All Sizes
- Third Party Only
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Fully Comprehensive
- Goods in Transit Insurance
- Breakdown Assistance
Lorry fleet insurance cover types
- Third party – Third party insurance is the lowest type of cover you can legally get. It will ensure that your vehicles are road legal and that other road users are covered if one of your drivers is involved in an accident where they’re at fault.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide cover for your own lorries, even in cases where your driver is at fault for the collision. Fire and theft are usually included with comprehensive cover.
- Goods in transit – When transporting goods, it’s important to ensure that they are protected, just like your vehicles, particularly if the goods are valuable or hazardous (where you will need hazardous goods fleet insurance. Goods in transit cover will ensure that if your goods were stolen or damaged in transit, you would be compensated for their value.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are something that businesses must always be prepared for. You can get public liability as well as employer’s liability to make sure your business is protected. You can also have legal fees included.
Factors that impact the cost of lorry fleet insurance
- Number of lorries – The size of your fleet will certainly affect how much your insurance costs. Larger fleets will of course cost more to insure than smaller fleets since the chances of you needing to make a claim are greater.
- Security of premises – The security of your premises will also affect how much your insurance costs. This is because your lorries are at risk of theft and vandalism if your premises is not secure. Taking steps such as installing security lights, an alarm and CCTV will all help to make your premises more secure.
- Named drivers – The type of drivers you hire will affect the cost of your insurance too. This is why many companies choose to hire drivers who are over 30, have plenty of lorry driving experience and have no convictions on their record.
- Level of cover – The level of cover you get will dictate the cost of the policy to a large degree. A third party policy will certainly cost less than a fully comprehensive one, all things being equal.
Get lorry fleet insurance quotes from specialist providers
You can get lorry fleet insurance quotes very easily. All you have to do is click the green button below and once you’ve provided the required information, you’ll then be able to choose from your tailored quotes.