Compare Employers Liability Insurance
- Quotes from UK employers liability insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Employers Liability Insurance providers including
Get employers’ liability cover for your business from expert providers
Clean Green Compare help businesses to find the right employers’ liability cover. Click the green button to get quotes from expert providers now.
Types of businesses that can benefit from employers’ liability insurance include:
- Motor trade businesses
Some of the benefits of getting cover online are:
- Fast quotes
- No hard sell
- Specialist providers
Get quotes now by clicking the green button below
Employers’ liability insurance is one of the two main types of liability insurance available; the other being public liability insurance.
Businesses that need employers’ liability insurance
There are many types of businesses that need to have employers’ liability insurance to operate legally. Some of the main ones include –
- Motor trade businesses
Benefits of getting employers’ liability insurance online
- Quick and easy quotes – A big benefit of getting cover online is that the quotes you get are very quick and easy to obtain. You don’t have to worry about any hard sell or feeling pressured into taking a policy out. You simply look through the quotes you’re provided with and choose the one that’s the best fit for your business.
- Highly tailored cover – It’s also very easy to tailor the quotes you get to the exact needs of your business when getting cover online. Adding or removing cover options is usually as easy as ticking or unticking a box.
Incidents that can lead to liability claims
Some of the main incidents that could result in a liability claim from employees are –
- Injury on the job – If one of your employees is injured whilst at work it could result in a liability claim being filed against you. This isn’t always the case of course; their are certain industries where a certain degree of risk is accepted by those who work in them. If however one of your employees were seriously injured as a result of unsafe/fault equipment for example, and they held you responsible then this could certainly result in a claim.
- Unfair dismissal – If you let an employee go and they felt they were unfairly dismissed then this could also result in a liability claim. This is why it’s so important to be aware of your responsibilities as an employer.
- Dispute over work conditions/pay – Employees that feel you don’t provide a safe work environment could also file a liability claim. Harassment in the workplace has become a big issue in recent years so you certainly want to keep on top of things like this in order to avoid potential claims.
Avoiding liability claims
Below are some of the best things you can do as an employer to avoid liability claims –
- Hire good staff – One of the best ways to avoid liability claims from employees is by hiring good staff to start with. This makes sense when you think about it; intelligent, well-adjusted people are going to pick up the job faster and be easier to train. This is very important, particularly in jobs where there’s potential for accidents if you don’t have conscientious employees.
- Make your workplace safe – You want to do everything you can as an employer to make your workplace as safe of an environment as you can. Exactly what things you need to think about will depend on the industry you work in.
- Make your workplace a positive environment – In addition to making your workplace a safe environment, you should also strive to make it a positive one to work in. Disagreements between employees can easily flare up in a toxic environment and you could get caught in the crossfire and be blamed for it.
- Train your staff well – Training your staff well is beneficial for many reasons, not least of which is reducing the chance of liability claims. If a member of staff is not properly trained and injures themselves as a result then they could quite easily file a claim against you.
Getting employers’ liability insurance quotes is very easy and they can easily be tailored to suit the unique needs of your business.
Saving money on employers’ liability insurance
- Pay for your policy upfront – If you can afford to pay for your insurance on annual basis rather than monthly then you’ll be offered a good discount on the overall policy cost by most insurance providers. This isn’t always an appealing way to save money since you will pay a good deal more upfront but it is a smart move if you want to save in the long run.
- Increase the excess on your policy – Excess is the amount you would pay towards a claim. Increasing your excess is a good way to reduce your monthly payments. The risk with this option is that you would eventually have to pay the extra when making a claim. It’s up to you to decide if you think this risk is worth the initial saving.
- Get quotes from many insurance providers – Getting quotes from a lot of different insurance providers is one of the best ways to save money on employers’ liability insurance. It will help you to prevent overspending on a policy you could’ve got cheaper.
Get employers’ liability insurance quotes
You can have employers’ liability quotes from expert providers in just minutes. Simply click the green button below and once you’ve provided the required information you’ll then have access to your quotes.
Click below to get started now!
Employers Liability Insurance FAQ
What is employers’ liability insurance?
Employers’ liability insurance is a type of cover for businesses that protects you from liability claims that come from your employees, whether they’re part-time or full-time.
Do I need employers liability insurance?
The simple way to answer this question is – if you have employees, of any kind, then yes you need it. It doesn’t matter what type of business you run, if you employ staff then there’s always the risk that you could end up facing a liability claim. You’re also obligated by law to have employers’ liability insurance in place when you have staff.
What types of employees are covered under employers liability insurance?
You can cover all types of employees with employers’ liability insurance, including:
- Permanent employees
- Temporary staff
- Seasonal staff
- Students on work placements
- Agency staff
How much will employers’ liability insurance cost?
The amount you pay for cover will depend on a few key factors. These include:
- The size of your business
- The number of employees you have
- The industry you’re in
- The level of cover you choose