If you work as a tradesman then getting the right cover for your business is vital.
At Clean Green Compare we can help you to find the right policy. Click the green button to insurance quotes from specialist providers now.
Cover can include:
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Business equipment
- Personal accident cover
Some of the benefits of getting tradesman insurance quotes online are:
- Quotes are very easy to obtain
- Easily edit your policy needs
- No pressure from salespeople
Click below and you can have your quotes within minutes
If you have any employees then you’re obligated to get employers’ liability insurance included in your policy.
Tradesman Insurance FAQ
Is it necessary to have cover?
In word, yes. It would be impossible to run your business with full peace of mind if you didn’t have the right cover in place. If you were to have an accident whilst on the job for example then you’d want to know that you’d still get an income if you were unable to work for a period of time. Then there’s liability claims, both from the public and employees. These types of claims can be devastating if you don’t have the right protection.
Will my van be covered?
No. Your van itself will not be covered for things like road risks and breakdowns. To do this you’ll need to get a separate van insurance policy. However you can cover your tools while they’re stored in your van in some instances although many tradesman opt to get this type of cover as part of their van insurance cover too.
Can I cover my tools?
Yes. You can certainly cover your tools when they’re kept on-site and sometimes when they’re kept in your van overnight. Whether you can get cover for tools stored in your van overnight when the vehicle is on a public road will vary from one insurance provider to the next so it’s a good idea to contact them to find out in exactly what circumstances your tools would be covered.
What if I’m self-employed?
You certainly don’t need to have a business name or employees to get a tradesman policy. Just be sure that you’re properly registered to work self-employed so you can avoid tax issues or any issues with your policy.
How much will my policy cost?
The cost of your policy will depend on a few key factors. Those being:
- How long you’ve worked in the industry
- How many employees you have
- Your no claims bonus
- The level of cover you take out
- How secure your premises is
You can easily amend your policy needs when getting quotes online so you only pay for cover for what’s most important.
Types of tradesman insurance
- Personal accident cover – If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability – Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Employers’ liability – If you have any employees at all, even if they’re part-time, then you need to have employers’ liability cover included in your policy.
- Legal expenses – In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Business equipment – The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it’s a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Tools – You can also get cover for your tools, whether they’re on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
The benefits of getting tradesman insurance quotes online
- No hard sell – Getting quotes online is beneficial for a number of reasons not least of which is the fact that you don’t need to deal with any hard sell when getting them.
- Save time – Getting quotes online is also a very quick and simple process. You simply fill out a quote form and then receive quotes from many different insurance providers.
- Save money – Because the process of getting quotes online is so simple, it means that you can save money by easily comparing them next to each other and choosing the one that’s the best value for money.
- Edit your policy needs easily – Another benefit of getting quotes online is that you’re easily able to add or remove cover options across all the quotes you want to receive.
Getting a lot of quotes is one of the best ways to ensure that you don’t overspend on tradesman insurance.
Saving money on tradesman insurance
- Make your premises secure – If you have a premises that you work from then you’ll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they’re stored in it.
- Pay upfront – If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Increase excess – If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it’s a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you’d have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Shop around – You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you’re not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you’re offered.
Get tradesman insurance quotes
Since getting quotes is one of the best ways to save money on tradesman insurance it makes sense to do it in the easiest way possible. By clicking the green button below you can get tailored insurance quotes for your business in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is look through them and choose the one that’s right for you.
Get started now!