Get hotel and guesthouse insurance quotes from expert providers.
Clean Green Compare can help find the right policy for your business. Click the green button to get quotes now.
Cover can include:
- Building insurance
- Contents cover
- Staff and guests
- Business interruption
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability
Some of the benefits of getting cover online are:
- Fast quotes
- No pressure
- Instant documentation
Click below to get quotes now.
Hotels and guesthouse Insurance
Getting a lot of quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on hotel and guesthouse insurance.
Hotel and Guesthouse Insurance FAQ
What is hotel and guesthouse insurance?
Hotel and guesthouse insurance is a type of cover that’s uniquely designed to provide protection for the unique risks that owners of both hotels and guesthouses face. A hotel and guesthouse insurance policy will typically include cover for building insurance and contents cover as standard. This means if your building was damaged or destroyed then the repair/rebuild costs would be covered. Your contents will also be covered for damage and loss.
Do I need to get cover?
The simple answer to this question is yes. There are certain types of cover that you’re obligated to get by law when you run a hotel or guesthouse, including building insurance and employers’ liability insurance. In addition to these compulsory types of cover you should also think about other risks to your business and get cover as you see fit.
What things can I get covered under my insurance policy?
You can get cover for almost every aspect of your business with a hotel and guesthouse insurance policy. In addition to getting building insurance you can also get cover for liability claims, contents, legal expenses, guest contents and loss of income. Of course the more comprehensive your policy is, the more you can expect to pay for it.
How much will cover cost?
The cost of a policy will depend on a few important factors, which are:
- The size of your establishment
- How many employees you have
- Where your hotel is located
- The level of cover you get
Types of hotel and guesthouse insurance
- Building insurance – Building insurance is the minimum level of protection you need when you run a hotel or guesthouse and is included in any policy as standard. If your building were to be damaged or destroyed completely then the repair/rebuild costs could put you out of business if you didn’t have cover. Not only that but it’s your legal obligation to ensure the building is properly maintained and safe for guests and staff.
- Contents insurance – You can also cover the contents of your hotel in case they were damaged or stolen.
- Public liability – Liability claims are a risk for any type of business and this is certainly the case for hotels and guesthouses. Since you’re dealing with new guests all the time, there’s always the chance that one of them could be hurt in some way while on your premises. Something as simple as slipping on the floor could result in a heavy liability claim being filed against your business, particularly if it resulted in a serious injury. Therefore it’s always advisable to get cover.
- Employers’ liability – Employers’ liability insurance is something you’re legally obligated to have when you employ staff. It will pay out for any compensation claims from members of staff.
- Legal expenses – There are circumstances where you’ll want to fight a liability claim, particularly if you feel it’s unfair and you’re in the right. Unfortunately the legal expenses and stress of fighting a claim in court can often put business owners off and they simply opt to settle. To make sure the financial side of things aren’t something you have to worry about when fighting a claim, you can have legal expenses included in your policy.
- Guest contents – You’re also able to get cover for guest contents included in your policy. This will ensure that you’re able to compensate your guests if their property is damaged or stolen. The exact details of this cover can vary from one provider to the next so it’s worth finding out exactly what you’re covered for when taking out a policy.
- Business interruption – If you couldn’t open for business for a period of time then business interruption would ensure that you still receive business income until you can reopen. The exact amount of cover available will vary from one insurance provider to the next.
You can tailor a hotel and guesthouse policy to ensure that you get the exact level of cover you need to protect your business.
How to save money on hotel and guesthouse insurance
- Pay for the policy annually – If you pay for your policy annually then the majority of insurance providers will give you a good discount for doing so. It may not seem like a very appealing way to save money since you’ll pay more upfront but in the long run, you will make a good saving on the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your hotel secure – You should also take any steps you can to make your hotel more secure if you want to keep the cost of your insurance down. Installing CCTV in the public areas of your hotel can certainly help to make it more secure by deterring thieves. You should also think about security outside of the hotel and consider having CCTV and security lighting installed. All these steps will certainly help to reduce the cost of your insurance by showing providers that you take security seriously.
- Increase excess – Excess is the amount of money you’d pay when making a claim. The more excess you pay then the less you’ll pay on a monthly basis. There is some risk to trying to save money in this way of course since you will pay more when making a claim so you should decide if you think the risk is worth the saving you’ll make.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting a lot of quotes from different insurance providers is a very reliable way to save money on your insurance. This is because you can easily compare the quotes you get and make sure you choose a policy that’s good value for money.
When you have employees, you’re legally obligated to get employers’ liability insurance.
Get hotel and guesthouse insurance quotes now
You can easily get quotes for your hotel or guesthouse now by clicking the green button below. All you have to do is fill out the quote form and you can have access to your quotes in just minutes.
Click below to get started now!