Get truck insurance quotes now by clicking the green button
- Truck insurance for 1 to 100+ vehicles
- Lorry insurance for small vans to 60+ Tonne vehicles
- Truck insurance for carriage of own goods and/or hire & reward
- Flat bed lorries, skip lorries, gritter lorries, refrigerated trucks
- UK and European HGV Insurance Cover
- Cover available for the carriage of hazardous goods
- Instant online truck insurance documents
- Goods in Transit insurance cover available
Types of truck insurance
Below are some of the typical types of cover you’ll find in a truck insurance policy –
- Road risks – Getting cover for road risks is a necessity in order for a truck to be road legal. A third party only policy is the lowest level of cover you can get. If you want to get more protection for your own truck(s) then you should opt for a comprehensive policy.
- Fleet insurance – If you run a trucking firm and want to insure multiple trucks under the same policy then you can get a fleet insurance policy.
- Goods in transit – if your trucks are used to transport goods then you’ll certainly want to get goods in transit insurance, which will cover the goods you transport for theft, damage, or spoiling in the case of refrigerated trucks.
- Liability cover – Liability claims are something that businesses need to be weary of since they’re always on the rise. Make your your business is protected by getting public liability insurance included in your policy. You might also consider getting legal expenses included.
- Breakdown recovery – You certainly want to make sure you have breakdown recovery in place. You will have the option to have this added to your policy with most insurance providers.
Save money on truck insurance
- Hire good drivers – If you have a trucking firm and want to get a fleet policy then the named drivers in the policy will definitely affect its cost. This is why it’s good to hire reliable, experienced drivers with no convictions.
- Make trucks secure – You should also do anything you can to make your trucks more secure, such as installing tracking devices and also making sure that your premises is as secure as possible too.
- Increase excess – Excess is the amount you pay towards a claim. Increasing it is a good way to reduce the upfront cost you pay.
Get truck insurance quotes now
You can get truck insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers very easily. Click the button below to get started now.