If you let property then you need to protect yourself with landlord insurance
Clean Green Compare can help you find the right cover – get landlord insurance quotes now by clicking the green button.
Landlord insurance available includes:
- Building insurance
- Contents cover
- Loss of rent
- Liability claims
- Legal expenses
- Unoccupied property insurance
Getting quotes online is beneficial for many reasons:
- Quick and easy quotes
- No pressure from insurance providers
- Make an informed decision
- Expert advice
- Instant documentation
Landlord Insurance – A Quick Start Guide
You can cover multiple properties together on a landlord insurance policy
Landlord Insurance FAQ
Is is possible to insure multiple properties?
Yes. It’s certainly possible to insure multiple properties together on the same policy to make things easier. Not every insurance provider gives this option but you shouldn’t have trouble getting a policy that covers multiple properties.
What types of let arrangements are there?
- Asylum Seekers
- Employed / Professionals
- Housing Association
- Local Authority
- Multi-Let / Mixed /HMO
- Second Home
- Unemployed / DSS
What if I have unoccupied property?
If you have unoccupied property, whether it’s because you’re having renovations done or you’ve newly acquired a property then you’ll need to get unoccupied property insurance, which will provide the right level of cover.
What factors affect cost?
There are multiple factors that affect the cost of a landlord insurance policy, the main ones being:
- The number of properties being covered
- The value of the property
- The area the property is located
- How secure the property is
- The level of cover you take out
Can I get cover for liability claims?
Yes. You can get public liability insurance included in a landlord insurance policy. This will pay out compensation claims that come from tenants or members of the public. You’re also able to have legal expenses included too.
Landlord insurance cover options
- Building insurance – Having building insurance is part of your responsibilities as a landlord. In addition to keeping your property well maintained you must also ensure that you’re able to cover the cost of repairs if the property suffers structural damage.
- Contents insurance – If you let your property furnished and want to protect your contents then you can do so by getting contents insurance included in your property.
- Rent guarantee – Rent guarantee will ensure that you continue to receive rent payments for the property if it becomes uninhabitable or you’re unable to solve a dispute with a tenant and have to wait to have them removed.
- Business interruption – Business interruption will ensure that you continue to receive business income if your property cannot be occupied due to renovations.
- Emergency repairs – There are certain types of maintenance that are considered emergencies, for example a broken pipe, gas leak or pest infestation. Having this type of insurance will cover the costs of dealing with these problems.
- Public liability – Liability claims are always a risk for landlords so it’s certainly recommended that you have it included in your policy. In addition to public liability insurance, you’re also able to have legal expenses included.
You can tailor a landlord insurance policy to include cover for all risks associated with letting property.
Benefits of getting landlord insurance quotes online
Below are some of the main benefits of getting landlord insurance online –
- Save time – Because getting landlord insurance quotes online is so easy to do, you can save a lot of time, especially when compared to contacting insurance providers individually by phone.
- Save money – By being able to get quotes so easily, it means you can compare them next to each other and pick the one that offers the best value, potentially saving you a good deal of money.
- Easily edit your policy – When getting quotes online you can easily add and remove cover options so you get a policy that’s tailored to your exact needs.
- No hard sell – Another big benefits of getting landlord insurance online is that you don’t feel pressured to take out a particular policy. When contacting insurance providers by phone you meant feel pressured, especially if you’ve been on the line for a while. This is not a worry when getting quotes online.
- Instant cover – As soon as you make your first payment, you’ll be sent your insurance documents and your cover will be in place.
You can adjust your policy options so that you get cover that’s affordable yet includes the cover you need.
How to avoid making claims
- Be selective with tenants – One of the best ways you can avoid having to make a claim on your policy is by being selective with your tenants. Problems with tenants can cause some of the biggest problems for landlords, whether it’s because they don’t receive rent, problems with other residents or liability claims. You can avoid these types of problems by being as selective as possible with tenants and doing the proper checks.
- Deal with issues as they arise – Another good way to avoid making claims on your policy is by dealing with any issues as they arise. If one of your tenants had a break in then make sure you deal with any related issues such as stolen contents or broken windows immediately.
Ways to save money on landlord insurance
- Make your property secure – Making your property secure is an extremely important step you need to take in order to reduce the cost of landlord insurance. All insurance providers will take how secure your property is into account when coming up with the price of a policy so making your property secure is highly recommended. Some steps you can take to make your property secure include installing an alarm on the property, using security lighting and using access control.
- Make sure your property is well maintained – In addition to making your property secure, you should also keep on top of maintenance. This means regularly checking your properties to ensure that there are no issues that need addressing, whether it’s a broken window or a leaking pipe. These types of issues can easily escalate into something more serious if you don’t see to them.
- Pay annually – Another way to save money on landlord insurance is by paying for your policy annually. This might not always be possible but if you can pay like this then most insurance providers will give you a good discount. Always be sure to push for the best deal you can get.
- Get quotes from many providers – A very reliable way to save money on landlord insurance is by getting quotes from as many providers as possible. Getting a lot of different quotes will make it much easier for you to make an informed decision. You can look at the pros and cons of each policy and choose the one that offers the right level of cover at the right price.
Get landlord insurance quotes now
To get landlord insurance quotes from specialist providers now simply click the green button below.