Get directors and officers insurance for extra protection.
The price comparison service can help you find the perfect policy. Click the green quote button to get quotes from expert providers now.
Cover can protect against claims for:
- Health and safety issues
- Employment claims
- Breath of trust
- Wrongful trading
Benefits of getting cover online includes:
- Quick and easy quotes
- No pressure from providers
- Instant documentation
Click below to get quotes now.
A Guide to Directors and Officers Insurance
Public liability and employers’ liability insurance do not protect you on a personal level. If you want to make sure you’re fully protected then a directors and officers insurance policy will do this.
Types of claims covered
- Negligence – Negligence can easily result in a claim being filed against you. Your actions do not have to be malicious for a claim to be made either. Something as seemingly simple as making a mistake or giving advice that turns out to be bad could lead to claim.
- Health and safety claim – Health and safety has been a big issue in the UK for a number of years now and as a result there have been an increasing number of claims related to health and safety. When you have a directors and officers insurance policy you will be protected for claims relating to health and safety.
- Breach of duty of trust – If you shared confidential or sensitive information with an outside party then it could easily result in a claim. Directors and officers insurance would also cover you in such a scenario.
Getting a lot of quotes is a great way to save money on directors and officers insurance.
Other forms of liability insurance
Personal claims filed against directors and officers isn’t the only type of liability claim that businesses have to be wary of. There are other types of claims that are usually filed against the business itself rather than any one individual. These types of claims can come about due to injury, damage to property, poor quality service/products or damage to property. Below are the two main types of claims you need to protect against.
- Public liability – Public liability insurance claims are always a risk for any type of business. If a customer or member of public were harmed in some way as a result of your actions or those of an employee then a claim could easily be filed. Having public liability clover is therefore always recommended for businesses. The level of cover needed will depend on the size of your business and how much risk you face.
- Employers’ liability – Employers liability insurance is the other type of cover that businesses need when it comes to compensation claims. Unlike public liability insurance, you are obligated to get employers’ liability insurance if you have any employers as it’s part of your responsibilities as an employer. Claims from employees can often be very costly for businesses, not taking into account the potential bad press, so it’s very important to have cover in place.
You can have legal expenses covered in your policy so you’re able to fight any claims that might be filed against you.
Saving money on directors and officers insurance
- Pay for the policy annually – Often insurance is paid for monthly since it allows you to spread the cost. If however you can pay for the policy upfront on an annual basis then most insurance providers will significantly reduce the overall cost as a result. It’s always worth pushing to get the best price possible when paying annually.
- Look for discounts – You might be able to find special discounts online for directors and officers insurance so it’s always worth checking as the savings you make can be substantial.
- Get quotes from many insurance providers – One of the most reliable ways to save money on insurance is by getting quotes from a lot of different providers and this holds true for directors and officers insurance. The prices you’re quoted for this type of cover can vary quite a lot so you should never simply take a policy out with the first provider you contact. Always make sure you get as many quotes as you can since this enables you to make an informed decision.
Get directors and officers insurance quotes now
Getting a lot of quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on directors and officers insurance. Thankfully it’s not very easy to get quotes in just a matter of minutes.
Click the green button below and once you’ve provided the necessary information you’ll then have access to your quotes which you can compare. All you have to do is pick the one that’s best for your business.