Get courier insurance quotes from a panel of expert providers. Click the green button to get started now
- Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft or Third Party Only
- Goods in Transit
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability
- UK and European Cover
- Breakdown cover available
- Monthly payment options
- Instant online courier insurance documents
A Guide to Courier Insurance
Courier insurance cover options
- Third party – Third party cover is the minimum level of cover that courier drivers need in order to be able to drive legally. Although third party only insurance doesn’t provide protection for your own vehicle(s), it is the cheapest option available.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive cover will protect any named vehicles on the policy for all types of collisions, even those that you or one of your employees is liable for. Comprehensive policies usually provide protection for theft and fire too.
- Contents cover – When transporting goods, it’s essential that you get cover for them as well as your vehicle. Contents cover will provide protection for the contents you transport for theft and damage.
- Fleet insurance – If you own a courier firm and have multiple vehicles that you need to insure then the best way to do this is by getting a fleet insurance policy.
- Breakdowns – It’s always a good idea to have breakdown assistance when working as a courier driver. Most insurance providers give you the option to have breakdown cover included in your policy for an additional cost.
Cutting down costs on courier insurance
- Increase excess – Excess is the fee you’d pay towards a claim should you have to make one. Increasing your excess therefore, is a very reliable way to reduce the cost of your premium.
- Hire good drivers – Another great way you can save money on courier insurance is by making sure you only hire reliable, low-risk drivers. Low-risk drivers are those who are least likely to be involved in incidents that would require a claim. A good type of driver to hire would be one who is over the age of 25, has plenty of driving experience (ideally in a professional capacity) and who has no convictions.
- Shop around – The most obvious way to save money on courier insurance is to get quotes from a lot of different insurance providers. This helps you save money since you won’t be wondering if you could’ve got a better deal elsewhere.
Get courier insurance quotes now
If you want to get insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers now then simply click the green button below. All you have to do is provide a bit of information about your insurance requirements and you’ll then be able to compare the quotes and pick the best one.