If you have your own pub then getting the right type of cover for it is essential.
Let us find you pub insurance quotes from a panel of expert providers.
Available cover can include:
- Building insurance
- Public liability claims
- Employer’s liability
- Stock and cash
Some benefits of getting pub insurance online include:
- Multiple payment options
- Expert advice
- Instant documentation
Click the green button below to get quotes now!
A Guide to Pub Insurance
Getting multiple quotes is one of the most reliable ways you can save money on pub insurance. Having a lot of quotes to compare will enable you to pick the one that’s the best value for money.
Pub Insurance FAQ
Do I need to get pub insurance?
The short answer to this question is yes. When running any kind of establishment where you serve members of the public, you’ll always want to get a good insurance policy; this is particularly true when alcohol is being served. Without the right cover in place, you could easily find yourself facing a potentially disastrous liability claim, either from one of your customers or your employees. This is why it’s so important to protect your business with the right cover.
It’s also important to make sure that you are fully licensed to sell alcohol before seeking a policy since this it could easily void your policy if not.
What types of pubs are covered?
You can get cover for any of the three main types of pubs:
- Standard – Mostly alcohol focused with little food served and no entertainment provided. 11 AM to 11:30 PM opening hours.
- Non-standard – Serves both food and alcohol as well as entertainment such as DJ, bands, karaoke etc. Typically open until later into the night.
- Bespoke – Establishments with door staff, entry fees and a dancefloor. Predominantly nightclubs.
How much will a policy cost?
This will depend on a number of factors, such as how large your establishment is, how many employees you have, your opening hours and the area that your pub is located in. If you’re concerned about keep the cost of cover to a minimum then getting as many quotes as you can is one of the best ways to do this.
How do I get quotes?
You can easily get pub insurance quotes now by clicking on the green quote button on this page. You just have to provide a bit of information about yourself and the type of establishment you run and you’ll then you have access to your quotes.
Types of pub insurance
You can tailor a pub insurance policy to suit the exact needs of your business. If there are certain types of cover you don’t think you need they you can easily remove them when getting quotes.
- Building insurance – If you don’t have cover for the building itself then you can get this included as part of a pub insurance policy. Building insurance will usually cover your premises for structural damage, whether it’s as a result of harsh weather, fire damage or a broken pipe.
- Public liability – Public liability insurance is extremely important for pub owners. When alcohol is being served there’s always the potential for an incident to occur that leads to somebody being injured or even killed. Although you might not be at fault in such a scenario, it’s still very important to know that you have protection in place if a liability claim is filed against your business.
- Employers’ liability – Liability claims can also come from employees as well as customers. If one of your staff were to be injured while on the job or felt that they were wrongfully sacked, then you might end up facing a claim that you’d need to fight.
- Stock insurance – Running a pub means you’ll always be dealing with a lot of stock, including food, drink and glassware. You can protect your stock against theft, damage and spoiling by getting stock insurance included in your policy.
- Money on premises – It’s certainly not uncommon for thieves to target pubs, particularly cash registers. Therefore it’s never a bad idea to have money on premises cover included in your policy.
Additional types of pub insurance cover
- Home contents – If your pub is also your home then you can get cover for you home contents included in your policy. This is very useful since you don’t have to worry about getting your personal possessions covered in a separate policy.
- Loss of licence – If you were to have your licence suspended then this type of cover will ensure you’ll continue to receive your usual business revenue until you’re able to re-obtain it.
- Loss of income – If you were unable to operate your premises for whatever reason then loss of income would ensure that you’re properly compensated for this period of time.
- Business contents – Business contents can be very costly to replace if they’re damaged or stolen so getting cover as part of your policy will help to provide you with added peace of mind.
There are three main types of pubs. Whichever type you run you can get quotes from the panel of specialist providers
Ways to save money on pub insurance
Below are some of the best ways you can save money on pub insurance –
- Pay upfront – Paying for your policy monthly might seem like the most logical approach since it enables you to spread the cost. However if you can afford to pay for your policy annually instead then you’ll be able to save a significant amount on its overall cost.
- Make your premises secure – The security of your premises is always going to be important when it comes to saving money on pub insurance. Insurance providers will certainly look at how secure your pub is and whether you have security features such as an alarm installed. The more secure you can make your premises, the better the savings you can make.
- Get a lot of quotes – One of the best ways to save money on pub insurance is by getting quotes from a lot of different providers. If you simply take out a policy with the first provider you contact then you have no way of knowing if you’re getting a good deal or not so it’s always recommended to shop around.
Get pub insurance quotes now
If you want to get pub insurance quotes from a range of specialist providers then you’re in the right place. To get your tailored quotes now simply click the green button below. Once you’ve provided the required information you’ll then be sent your quotes directly. All you have to do is choose the one that’s best for your business. Get started now!