Compare Public Liability Insurance
- Quotes from UK public liability insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK liability insurance providers including
When you run a business you want to make sure you’re protected against public liability claims.
Clean Green Compare can help you find the right policy for your business. Click the green button to get public liability quotes now.
Cover for all types of businesses, including:
- Motor trade businesses
- Taxi drivers
- Takeaway owners
Benefits of getting public liability insurance online include –
- Easy quotes
- Highly tailored policies to suit your business
- No hard sell
A Guide to Public liability insurance
Public liability insurance will protect your business against many types of claims from members of the public.
Types of incidents that can result in a public liability claim
Depending on the type of business you run, you might think that a public liability claim isn’t very likely. However there are quite a lot of incidents that might occur that could easily result in a liability claim being filed against your business.
Some of the incidents that could result in a public liability claim include:
- Slips – If somebody slipped on a spill inside your premises that wasn’t clearly marked then it could easily result in a liability claim if they were injured as a result, particularly if they had to miss work because of the injury.
- Road accidents – If your business makes use of vehicles then road accidents can very easily result in liability claims, particularly if the accident was due to negligence on the part of one of your drivers.
- Injuries involving food/drink – If you run an establishment that serves food and drink then there are a few scenarios that could lead to a liability claim being filed against you. For example if a hot drink was accidentally spilled on a customer by one of your staff and they were scalded. Another example might be if a customer with a particularly allergy was served food that they were not supposed to be, which resulted in a severe allergic reaction.
- Damaged property – If a person’s property was damaged because of your business then a liability claim would almost certainly follow.
Cutting down the risk of public liability claims
- Make your premises safe – If you have a business premises then you should take any steps necessary to ensure that it’s safe. Think about any ways that a customer might be injure themselves in your premises where you’d be liable. If you have a coffee machine in your premises for example and it’s stopped working, then remove it immediately until it’s fixed. Also make sure that you have signs to put out in the case of a spill.
- Train your employees well – If you run a business in or around the public then it’s vital to make sure your staff are well-trained in order to avoid any incidents that might result in a liability claim. his is particularly true for businesses that rely on employees that require a high level of skill/experience i.e. truck drivers, mechanics, tradesmen etc. Having well-trained staff will certainly help to reduce the likelihood of a liability claim being filed against your business.
Saving money on public liability insurance
- Hire good staff – Hiring skilled and experienced staff is certainly a good way to reduce the cost of public liability insurance. This is especially true in driving industries, where things like age, experience and claims history are taken into account by insurance providers.
- Increase excess – Excess is the amount that you’d pay if you had to make a claim on your policy. By increasing your excess you can reduce your monthly payments quite considerably depending on how much you choose to increase it by. Of course there is risk involved here since you’d lose the initial benefit if/when you make a claim.
- Pay annually – If you are able to pay for your public liability insurance on an annual basis as opposed to monthly payments then most insurance providers will give you a significant discount for paying like this. Although you pay more upfront, you will make a good overall saving on the policy’s cost.
- Shop around – Getting quotes from a lot of different insurance providers is one of the best ways to save money on public liability insurance. This is because it prevents you from overspending on a policy that you could’ve gotten cheaper elsewhere. The great news is that getting public liability insurance quotes is now easier than ever.
Get public liability insurance quotes now
If you want to get public liability insurance quotes from a panel of expert providers then you’re in the right place. Clean Green Compare can help you find the right policy for your business. Simply click the green button below and you can have your quotes within a matter of minutes.
Public Liability Insurance FAQ
What is public liability insurance?
Public liability insurance is one of the two main types of liability cover business owners can take out, the other being employers’ liability insurance. It is a type of cover that will protect your business from compensation claims from customers/members of the public. Liability claims are not uncommon theses days so it’s vital that you get protection for your business.
What types of businesses need public liability insurance?
There are many types of businesses that need to get public liability insurance. Some of the most obvious ones include –
- Drivers (couriers, taxi drivers, van drivers etc.)
- Property owners
- Motor trade businesses
Are legal expenses included under a public liability policy?
Legal expenses aren’t always included as standard in a public liability policy so it’s worth checking with each insurance provider what the level of cover you get includes. In any case, you can get legal expenses included as an extra level of cover with nearly all providers of public liability insurance. This is very useful if you decide you want to fight an unfair liability claim in court rather than settling.
How much does public liability insurance cost?
The price of a public liability insurance policy, as with any type of insurance, will be based on risk. The more risk your business is at, the more you can expect to pay. Some of the main factors that affect the amount of risk your business is at include:
- The type of business
- Where your business is located
- The size of your business
- If you make use of vehicles