Big or small, your office is one of your most important assets, so ensuring you’re properly protected is vital.
Office insurance is specially designed to include cover for the loss of or damage to business’s equipment such as furniture, documents and computers together with business interruption, public and employers liability cover.
Let us help you find the right quotes for you. Click the green button to get quotes now
Available types of cover include:
- Building insurance
- All risks cover
- Contents insurance
- Fixtures and fittings
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
Benefits of getting quotes online include:
- Multiple payment options
- Cover for offices of all sizes
- Instant cover and documentation
Click below to get office insurance quotes now.
Office Insurance FAQ
Is office insurance necessary?
Yes. It’s essential that you and your staff are properly protected at work so you need to get a good office insurance policy that covers you for all risks.
What types of cover can I get?
There are many types of cover you can get with an office insurance policy and typically policies are very highly tailored so you can add or remove cover options depending on what you feel is most important. As well as getting cover for the building itself, you can also get cover for liability claims, contents and business interruption.
You can cover your equipment while its away from the office by getting all risks cover included in your policy.
Can Office Insurance include Employers Liability Insurance and what does it cover?
This cover protects you from an employee making a financial claim because of an injury, illness or death whilst in or because of your premises
What is ‘all risks’ cover under an office insurance policy
All risks cover provides cover for your equipment or contents when they are away from your office premises.
What is Business Interruption Insurance?
Business interruption is usually included within an office insurance policy, meaning losses that occur following an insured loss are covered. For instance, if your if your owned office suffered a flood and you are unable to use the office until it is repaired, business interruption could pay for lost earnings or additional costs until you are able to trade again.
Can I get cover if I rent the office?
Yes. There’s certainly no requirement that you must own the building to take out an office insurance policy. Providing you are a responsible tenant, there’s no reason that providers won’t offer you a policy.
How much will cover cost?
Each office insurance policy will vary in price. Insurance providers will take several key factors into account when coming up with the cost of your policy. These include –
- How secure your office is
- How large your office is
- Where the office is located
- How many employers there are
You can tailor an office insurance policy to the exact needs of your business. Adding and removing cover options is incredibly simple when getting quotes online too.
Types of office insurance
- Building insurance – Building insurance is vital when you have an office. You may already have building insurance in place but if not then you can get it included as part of your office insurance policy. It will cover the building for structural damage.
- Contents cover – Contents cover will protect the contents of your office for damage and theft. Offices typically have a lot of expensive equipment so it’s always a good idea to get it protected with contents cover.
- Fixtures and fittings – Contents cover will protect unfixed items in your office but to protect things like sales counters, shelves and carpets, you’ll need to get cover for fixtures and fittings.
- Business interruption – If your business was unable to continue operating for a period of time then this type of cover would ensure you’re compensated until you were able to reopen.
- All risks – All risks cover cover will contents and equipment when taken away from the office. This is very useful if your employees have a lot of meetings where they take laptops and other equipment you own with them.
- Public liability – Liability claims are a risk for all types of businesses, including offices. Therefore it’s recommended that you get a good amount of liability insurance included in your office insurance policy.
- Employers’ liability – When you have employees, regardless of whether they’re full-time or not, you must ensure that you have employers’ liability insurance in place to protect yourself.
The benefits of getting office insurance online
- Easy quotes – One of the biggest benefits of looking for office insurance online is that it makes the process of getting quotes incredibly quick and simple. At one time you would have had to call different insurers by phone or use an insurance broker. Now you can get all the quotes you need by simply filling out one quote form.
- No pressure – Another big benefit of getting office insurance online is that you can get quotes without feeling any pressure to take out a particular policy. When contacting insurance providers by phone, you might feel pressure to take out a policy, particularly if the person on the other end has had to help you for a long time. When getting quotes online you don’t have any of this pressure so you can simply pick the policy that you know is best for your business.
- Tailored policies – When looking for cover online, you can also very easily tailor your policy to suit the needs of your business. Not every office requires the same level of cover so being able to add and remove cover options with the click of a button is incredibly useful.
- Save time and money – Because getting quotes online is so quick and easy it will of course save you a lot of time compared to getting quotes by phone. Not only that, but being able to get quotes easily means you could also save a good deal of money too.
Getting quotes from a lot of different providers is one of the best ways you can save money on office insurance.
Ways to save money on office insurance
- Make the office secure – Offices often contain a lot of expensive equipment such as computers, printers, laptops etc. This means they can be targeted by thieves. Therefore a very good way to reduce the cost of your office insurance is to take any steps you can to make the office more secure. This can be done by installing security cameras, security lighting, employing security guards etc.
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for the policy annually rather than monthly then the majority of insurance providers will offer you a good discount for doing this.
- Pay more excess – Increasing the amount you would pay if you had to make a claim is another good way to reduce the premium on your insurance.
- Get quotes from different providers – You should always make sure you get a good number of quotes before committing to a policy. This is because you might be able to find a better deal elsewhere that you wouldn’t have known about if you simply take a policy out with the first provider you contact.
Get office insurance quotes now
If you’re ready to get office insurance quotes now then all you have to do to get started is click the green button below. After you’ve provided the required information about yourself and your business, you’ll then have access to your quotes from the providers on the panel. All you have to do is choose the one that’s the best fit.
Click below to get started now!