Compare Courier Goods in Transit Insurance
- Quotes from UK courier goods ins transit insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Courier Goods in Transit Insurance providers including
Click the green button to get courier goods in transit insurance quotes from specialist providers now!
- Monthly goods in transit insurance cover available
- Comprehensive & Third Party Policies
- Goods in Transit Cover
- Breakdown Recovery
- Public Liability Insurance
- Legal Expenses
Courier goods in transit cover explained
Whether you work as a courier driver for a large delivery company like Parcelforce, DHL, Yodel, Hermes or DPD ; or have your own courier firm, you need to ensure you protect the items you’re transporting by getting goods in transit insurance. Goods in transit insurance is a type of cover that will protect the goods in your vehicle(s) for theft and damage. This is extremely important, particularly if you’re transporting valuable items.
Additional types of cover
Of course you don’t just need goods in transit cover when working as a courier. Below are some of the other types of courier insurance cover available.
- Third party – A third party policy will provide enough protection to allow any vehicles on the policy to be driven legally. It provides minimal protection but is the cheapest option available. Cover is available for courier van insurance and courier bike insurance.
- Third party, fire and theft – If you want to add a bit more protection for your own vehicles on a third party policy then you can also add fire and theft.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy provides the most protection and will cover any vehicles on the policy for all types of collisions as well as fire and theft.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are always a risk for courier drivers/firms so you should certainly consider getting it included in your policy. As well as getting cover for liability claims from members of the public, you can also get employer’s liability.
Types of contents you can cover
- Business and Industrial Goods
- Car Parts
- Household Goods
- Online Purchases
Factors that affect the cost of a courier goods in transit insurance policy
- Vehicle type – The type of vehicle being insured will certainly affect the cost of a courier goods in transit insurance policy. For example vans will usually cost more to insure than cars.
- Number of vehicles to be insured – Another big factor that affects the cost of courier insurance is the number of vehicles that are being insured. If you’re a large firm that has many vehicles to insure then this will be reflected in the price of your policy.
- Named drivers – The named drivers on a policy will also affect its cost. This is why many courier firms choose to hire drivers who are over the age of 25 and who don’t have any driving or criminal convictions.
Get courier goods in transit quotes now
To get courier goods in transit insurance quotes now simply click the green button below.