Get the right insurance policy for your restaurant.
Clean Green Compare can help you find the right cover for your business. Click the green button to get restaurant insurance quotes now
Cover can include:
- Building insurance
- Business interruption
- Contents and stock
- Liability cover
- Money on premises
Getting quotes online comes with many benefits, including:
- Flexible payment options
- Fast and easy quotes
- Quotes from expert providers
- Instant documentation
Click the button below and you can have your quotes within minutes.
You can tailor a restaurant insurance policy to cover any aspect of your business so you can run it with full peace of mind.
Restaurant Insurance FAQ
Why is restaurant insurance necessary?
Running a restaurant comes with a lot of risks. When you’re serving hot food and drinks to the public, there’s always the risk of injury, which can easily result in a liability claim. In addition to getting cover for liability claims from the public and employees, you also need to think about cover for the building itself as well as things like stock, cash and business interruption.
What types of cover are most important?
There are quite a few types of cover you can get with a restaurant insurance policy but generally the most important would be cover for the building your restaurant is in and liability claims. This can vary depending on the type of restaurant you run though so you should think about where your biggest risks come from and get the appropriate cover.
Can I cover stock and cash?
Yes. You can have cover for both stock and cash on premises included in a restaurant insurance policy.
What if I already have a building insurance policy?
If you already have an existing building insurance policy then you can simply get a restaurant insurance policy that covers you for other risks, such as cash and liability claims.
Are tables outside the restaurant covered too?
Yes in the majority of cases they will be considered part of your cover but it’s always worth checking to be 100% sure.
Will I be covered immediately?
Yes. As soon as your first payment has been processed will then be fully covered and your documents sent to your by email and post.
How much does restaurant insurance cost?
The cost of a restaurant insurance policy will depend on a few important factors. Some of the biggest things that affect cost are:
- The size of the restaurant
- The number of employees you have
- Where the restaurant is located
- The level of cover you take out
Always be sure that your restaurant is properly registered before seeking out an insurance policy.
Cover for liability claims is extremely important when you run a restaurant. You can get cover for both public and employee claims with a restaurant insurance policy.
Types of restaurant insurance
- Building insurance – Building insurance is a must when you have a restaurant. If you don’t already have a building insurance policy in place then you can get it included as part of a restaurant insurance policy. It will cover your building for structural damage.
- Business interruption – If you were unable to open your restaurant for business for a period of time then you’d be compensated with your usual business income until you could reopen again.
- Contents and stock – Contents and stock in a restaurant can be costly to replace if they’re damaged so it’s certainly not a bad idea to get cover for them in your policy. You can also get cover for loss and damage to your goods when deliveries are being made.
- Liability claims – You also need to think about liability claims, both from customers and your employees. You can get cover for both included in your policy as well as legal expenses.
- Money on premises – The cash you have on your premises can make your restaurant a target for thieves. You can protect your cash by getting it covered as part of your policy.
Why get restaurant insurance quotes online?
- Easy quotes – Getting restaurant insurance quotes online is incredibly easy. By filling in one quote form, you can get quotes from many different insurance providers, potentially saving you a good deal of money on your cover.
- No pressure – When getting quotes online there isn’t any pressure either. Calling insurance providers by phone can make you feel obligated to take out a policy but you don’t have this worry when getting quotes online.
- Highly tailored policy – Adding or removing cover options is very easy when getting quotes online so you can get the exact type of policy that’s right for your business.
You can get cover for your stock and cash with a restaurant insurance policy.
What are the best ways to save money on restaurant insurance?
- Make your restaurant secure – Insurance providers will always consider how secure your restaurant is when providing quotes. You should therefore take any steps you can to make your restaurant more secure, such as installing CCTV, alarm systems and proper lighting.
- Hire good staff – Another way to keep the cost of your insurance down is by hiring experienced staff. Having good staff will help to reduce the chances of liability claims being made against your restaurant.
- Increase excess – Excess is the amount that you’d pay towards a claim should you have to make one. Increasing your excess is a good way to cut down the monthly payments you make for your cover although you would obviously have to pay extra should you make a claim so it’s not completely without risk.
- Pay annually – Most businesses opt to pay for their policy monthly to spread the cost of insurance but if you can pay for your policy upfront on an annual basis then most insurance providers will offer you a good discount for doing this.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes from a lot of different insurance providers is perhaps the most obvious way to save money on restaurant insurance. By getting quotes from different insurance providers, you’re able to make an informed decision since you can clearly see whether a particular provider is offering you a good deal for cover or not. Thankfully getting restaurant insurance quotes is now easier than ever.
Get restaurant insurance quotes the easy way
If you want to get tailored insurance quotes for your restaurant then it’s very quick and easy to do. When you click the green button below, you’ll be taken to the quote form page. After you’ve provided some information about yourself and your business you’ll then have access to your quotes, which you can compare. Click below to get started now!