Overseas and Non Resident Landlord Insurance image

Getting overseas landlord insurance quotes is a quick and easy process. Just click the green button to get your tailored quotes now!

  • Building insurance
  • Malicious damage
  • Loss of rent
  • Liability claims
  • Legal expenses

Looking at Overseas and Non-Resident Landlord Insurance

Did you know?

You can easily cover your UK property for letting while you’re living overseas by getting cover from a specialist provider.

If you live overseas and own property in the UK, then you might be concerned that you won’t be able to let it out. This is not the case, though. You’re able to get overseas and non-resident landlord insurance that will allow you to continue living overseas and still benefit from the income you get from letting property in the UK. Below is a guide to the different types of cover you can get as well as some ways to save money.

Types of Overseas and non-resident landlord Insurance

Below are some of the main types of cover you can get –

  • Building insurance – Building insurance will cover your property for structural damage that occurs from things like fire, flooding, storms and falling trees. It is a legal requirement to have building insurance when you let property.
  • Contents cover – If the property you let is furnished, then it’s worth considering having contents cover included in your policy. This means if your property is damaged or stolen, you’ll be compensated.
  • Unoccupied property insurance – It might be the case that you have property in the UK that’s unoccupied for a long term, such as a newly purchased or renovated property. Unoccupied property insurance will ensure you’re covered for the associated risks.
  • Landlord liability – Liability claims are always a risk for landlords, so getting this type of cover included in your policy is highly recommended.
  • Loss of rent – Loss of rent is another risk that a lot of landlords worry about. If you were unable to collect rent form a tenant for whatever reason, this type of cover would ensure you were compensated until you could resolve the issue with the tenant or have them evicted.

Did you know?

Getting overseas landlord insurance quotes online could save you a great deal of time and money.

Overseas and non-resident landlord insurance FAQ

How does overseas and non-resident landlord insurance work?

This type of insurance isn’t too different to regular landlord insurance. It is still your duty to ensure that the property you let is safe to live in and any injury that might occur as a result of it being unsafe will still be something your liable for. Your insurance policy will cover you for everything you have included in it, though, just like a regular landlord policy you would take out if you were living in the UK.

Are there any risks?

There can be some risks of letting property when you don’t live in the same country but generally, providing you take your responsibility as a landlord seriously and get a good insurance policy, the risks are minimal.

What types of let arrangements are there?

  • Airbnb
  • Asylum Seekers
  • Employed / Professionals
  • Housing Association
  • Local Authority
  • Multi-Let / Mixed /HMO
  • Retired
  • Second Home
  • Student
  • Unemployed / DSS

How much will a policy cost?

The cost of a policy will vary depending on a few key factors. These include –

  • The value of your property
  • How secure it is
  • The level of cover you take out
  • Your excess

Are there any steps I can take to make my property safer? Taking steps such as installing CCTV and security lighting will certainly help to make your property more secure.

Saving money on overseas and non-resident landlord insurance

Some good ways to save money on your cover are –

  • Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes is incredibly quick and simple to do now and it is one of the best ways you can ensure you get cover at a reasonable price.
  • Increase excess – Increasing the excess is another reliable way to cut down the cost of your cover, although it can be risky, especially where larger claims such as structural damage are concerned.
  • Pay upfront – If you can pay for your policy upfront rather than monthly, then this is another good way to save money.
  • Secure your property – Taking steps to make your property more secure will deter thieves and vandals and therefore help to reduce the cost of your cover.

Get overseas and non-resident landlord insurance quotes easily

You can get overseas and non-resident landlord insurance quotes from specialist providers now by filing in the simple quote form. Just click the green button and once you’ve provided the required information, you can look through your quotes and choose the best one for your needs.