Compare Property Maintenance Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Property Maintenance Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Property Maintenance Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Property Maintenance Insurance providers including
Why you need Property Maintenance Insurance cover
Working in property maintenance comes with certain risks that it’s always wise to protect against. Liability claims and damage or theft of tools are something you’d have to pay for out of your own pocket if you don’t have cover in place.
Property maintenance insurance can protect you for all the biggest risks that you face, including liability claims, personal accidents and theft/damage to your tools and euipment.
You can find the different cover options available below to help you make the right decision when taking out a policy.
No matter how experienced a Property Maintenance you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Property Maintenance Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Plant and Machinery
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Employers' liability insurance
- Legal expenses
- Personal accident insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Business equipment
Types of Property Maintenance Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
Saving money on Property Maintenance Insurance cover
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
Property Maintenance Insurance FAQ
What types of cover are available?
You can choose from cover options such as –
- Public liability insurance
- Personal accidents
- Tools and equipment cover
- Loss of income
- Employers’ liability insurance
Can I also cover my vehicle?
No, property maintenance insurance usually won’t provide cover for your vehicle itself. For this you’d need to get a separate car/van insurance policy. You can however, get cover for your tools while they’re stored in your vehicle.
Is it necessary to get employers' liability insurance?
If you have people who work for you that aren’t family members then you’ll need to get employers’ liability insurance legally.
Get Property Maintenance Insurance quotes
One of the best ways to save money on property maintenance insurance is by getting a lot of quotes. Getting quotes is a very quick and easy process. Simply click the green button below and after you’ve provided the required information, you’ll then have access to your quotes.