Compare Plumber Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Plumber Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Plumber Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Plumber Insurance providers including
Why you need Plumber Insurance cover
Working as a plumber comes with some significant risks. Not only do you need to think about the tools you need to carry out your work but you must also consider the risk of liability claims – both from members of the public and people you employ.
Plumber insurance can cover you for such risks and allow you to carry out your work with full peace of mind.
Be sure to read through the different types of plumber insurance available below so you can make an informed decision when taking out a policy.
No matter how experienced a Plumber you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Plumber Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Employers' liability insurance
- Business equipment
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Public liability insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Plumber Insurance available
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
Saving money on Plumber Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Plumber Insurance FAQ
What types of plumber insurance are there?
You can choose which types of cover you want included in your policy from the options below –
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Personal accidents
- Tools cover
- Legal fees
Will I need employers' liability insurance?
If you employ anyone who isn’t a family member, then you’re required by law to have employers’ liability insurance. This is true even if you have employees on a temporary or part-time basis.
How do I get the right cover?
To get the right cover, you should first think about what types of cover are most important to you and how much you’re prepared to spend. Then you should get as many quotes as possible and pick the one that offers the best value for money.
Get Plumber Insurance quotes
You can save a considerable amount of money by getting plumber insurance quotes from different providers since it allows you to easily compare them and choose the best one. Click the green quote button to get started now.