Compare Window Cleaner Insurance Quotes
- Compare Window Cleaner Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Window Cleaner Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Window Cleaner Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Window Cleaner Insurance cover
It goes without saying that working as window cleaner is a hazardous job. As well as the risks to your own wellbeing, you also need to thing about liability claims that could arise from damage to a customer’s property or injury.
A good window cleaner insurance policy can cover you for the main risks that come with the job, such as liability claims, personal accidents and loss of income.
You can find some good ways to save money as well as the various cover options below.
No matter how experienced a Window Cleaner you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Window Cleaner Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Window Cleaner Insurance available
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
Saving money on Window Cleaner Insurance cover
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
Window Cleaner Insurance FAQ
What type of cover is most important as a window cleaner?
You can tailor your policy to get cover for everything you need but some of the most important types of cover are –
- Public liability insurance
- Personal accidents
- Loss of income
- Legal expenses
Can I also get cover for my van?
Typically, your van is something that would be covered in a separate van insurance policy. You can get cover for your tools and equipment when they’re stored in your van however.
What if I have employees?
If you have a window cleaning business and employ 1 or more people, then you’ll need to get employers’ liability insurance included in your policy.
Get Window Cleaner Insurance quotes
You can save a good deal of money on window cleaner insurance by comparing quotes from different insurance providers. You can get quotes easily now by clicking the green button.