Compare Woodworking Insurance Quotes
- Compare Woodworking Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Woodworking Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Woodworking Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Woodworking Insurance cover
Woodworking is a job that requires a lot of expertise and even the most skilled woodworker, still needs to protect against the risks of the job. This includes things like personal accidents, liability claims and damage/theft of tools.
A woodworking insurance policy will protect you against these risks and allow you to carry out your job with full peace of mind.
Be sure to look through the cover options available below so you can make an informed decision when taking out a policy.
No matter how experienced a Woodworking you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Woodworking Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Public liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Business equipment
- Legal expenses
- Employers' liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Contract works insurance
Types of Woodworking Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
Saving money on Woodworking Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Woodworking Insurance FAQ
Do I need public liability insurance?
You might not be legally required to get public liability insurance but it is highly recommended, particularly for higher risk jobs such as woodworking.
What is employers liability Insurance?
Employers’ liability insurance will protect you from liability claims from any employees. It’s a legal requirement when you employ people who aren’t family members.
How much will cover cost?
The cost of a woodworking insurance policy will depend on some key factors such as –
- Your age
- Experience in the job
- Number of employees
- How secure your vehicle is
- How you pay for your policy
Get Woodworking Insurance quotes
Taking steps to save money when taking out a woodworking insurance policy is a must. Thankfully it’s now easier than ever to get quotes from different providers. Simply click the green button to get tailored woodworking insurance quotes now.