Compare Carpenter Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Carpenter Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Carpenter Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Carpenter Insurance providers including
Why you need Carpenter Insurance cover
Working as a carpenter comes with a lot of responsibility. Even if you take great care to do the best work possible, the job still comes with risks. For example, if you work on a customer’s home and something were to fall and injure them, you might be liable for this and without the right cover in place, you’d have to pay out of your own pocket.
By taking out a good insurance policy, you can make sure you’re protected for all the main risks that come with your job, including liability claims, tools and equipment and premises.
Getting carpenter insurance quotes is easier than ever and once you’ve decided on the type of cover that’s right for you, you can simply click the green button to get quotes and pick the one that’s best.
No matter how experienced a Carpenter you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Carpenter Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Carpenter Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
Saving money on Carpenter Insurance cover
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
Carpenter Insurance FAQ
What's included in a carpenter insurance policy?
A carpenter insurance policy can be tailored to suit your exact needs. Typical types of cover available include –
- Tools and equipment
- Public liability
- Employers liability
- Van insurance
What is employers liability Insurance?
Employers liability insurance protects you from liability claims from your employees. If you have any employees, whether part time or full time, you’re obligated to take out employers liability insurance.
Can I also get my van insured?
No. In order to get your van insured for things like accidents and breakdowns, you’ll need to take out a separate van insurance policy. You can however, get your tools and equipment covered while they’re kept in your van if you don’t already have this cover.
Get Carpenter Insurance quotes
Since getting quotes is one of the best ways to save money on Carpenter Insurance it makes sense to do it in the easiest way possible. By clicking the green button below you can get tailored tradesman insurance quotes for your business in a matter of minutes.