Compare Bricklayer Insurance Quotes
- Compare Bricklayer Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Bricklayer Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Bricklayer Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Bricklayer Insurance cover
When working as a bricklayer, there’s always a certain amount of risk involved. Accidents can happen that could injure not just yourself but also members of the public and employees. This being the case, getting the right cover is essential.
A bricklayer insurance policy can cover you for all the main risks of the job, including liability claims, personal accidents as well as damage/theft of your tools.
You can see the main types of cover available below as well as ways to save money.
No matter how experienced a Bricklayer you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Bricklayer Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Employers' liability insurance
- Business equipment
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Public liability insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Bricklayer Insurance available
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
Saving money on Bricklayer Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Bricklayer Insurance FAQ
What type of cover should I get as a bricklayer?
The main types of cover available are –
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Personal accident
- Tools and equipment
- Legal expenses
Can I also cover my van?
Your van won’t usually be covered by your insurance. For this you’ll need to get a van insurance policy to cover you for road risks, theft and fire damage.
Do I need to get bricklayer insurance?
Some types of cover are optional, such as public liability insurance personal accidents. However, if you have any employees, then you’re legally obligated to get employers’ liability insurance.
Get Bricklayer Insurance quotes
Taking steps to save money is always important when you’re looking for bricklayer insurance. A great way to do this is by getting quotes from different insurance providers. The good news is that it’s easier than ever to get quotes. Simply click the green button below to get tailored quotes from specialist providers now.