Compare Craftsman Trade Insurance Quotes
- Compare Craftsman Trade Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Craftsman Trade Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Craftsman Trade Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Craftsman Trade Insurance cover
When you work as a craftsman, whether it’s a full time profession or something you do on the side, it’s important to cover yourself for risks such as liability claims, damage and loss of your tools as well as personal accidents.
Working with tools and machinery can easily put you at risk of personal accident and if you work with the public, whether you’re teaching or selling your work, then you’ll certainly want to have public liability insurance in place.
You can find a range of different cover options available for craftsman trade insurance below. Once you’ve decided on the best type of cover, you can then take out a policy that’s perfect for your needs.
No matter how experienced a Craftsman you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Craftsman Trade Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Public liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Business equipment
- Legal expenses
- Employers' liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Contract works insurance
Types of Craftsman Trade Insurance available
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
Saving money on Craftsman Trade Insurance cover
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
Craftsman Trade Insurance FAQ
What types of cover are most important as a craftsman?
Generally, the most important types of cover when working as a craftsman are –
- Public liability
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Personal accidents
What other types of cover do I need?
if you employ anyone, even if it’s on a temporary or part-time basis, then you’re required to have employers’ liability insurance by law.
How much will a craftsman trade insurance policy cost?
The cost of a policy will depend on a few key factors. These include –
- Your age and experience
- The level of cover you take out
- Whether or not you have employees
- The value of your tools and equipment
- The exact type of work you do
Get Craftsman Trade Insurance quotes
One of the best ways to save money on craftsman trade insurance is by getting a lot of quotes. Simply click the green button below and you can have tailored quotes from a panel of specialists in a matter of minutes.