Compare Joiners Insurance Quotes
- Compare Joiners Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Joiners Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Joiners Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Joiners Insurance cover
Working as a joiner comes with some risks that it’s always wise to protect against. In addition to your tools, you should also think about potential liability claims from customers, members of the public and any employees.
A good joiners insurance policy will protect you from these risks and ensure that if anything were to happen while you’re on the job, you’d be fully protected.
Look through the insurance cover options below to get the best idea of the type of policy you want to take out.
No matter how experienced a Joiners you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Joiners Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Contract works insurance
- Legal expenses
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
Types of Joiners Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
Saving money on Joiners Insurance cover
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
Joiners Insurance FAQ
What types of joiners insurance are available?
You can choose from several cover options, including –
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Personal accidents
- Tools cover
What is employers liability Insurance?
Employers’ liability insurance will cover you for liability claims made from any of your employees. It’s a legal requirement to have this type of cover if you employ anybody other than family members.
How much will a joiners insurance policy cost?
This will depend on –
- Your age
- Your working experience
- Level of cover you take out
- How you pay
- Who you get cover with
Get Joiners Insurance quotes
Getting a lot of quotes is an excellent way to save money on joiners insurance. Simply click the green button and you’ll have access to your quotes in just minutes.