Compare Scaffolding Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Scaffolding Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Scaffolding Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Scaffolding Insurance providers including
Why you need Scaffolding Insurance cover
Scaffolding is a job that comes with considerable risk, not just to yourself but members of the public too. This being the case, it’s essential that you have good liability cover in place.
Scaffolding insurance can cover you for liability claims, not just from members of the public but also any employees you have. You can also get cover for things like tools and equipment as well as personal accidents/death.
Look through the cover options below to help you decide on the right type of scaffolding insurance for you.
No matter how experienced a Scaffolding you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Scaffolding Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Scaffolding Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
Saving money on Scaffolding Insurance cover
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
Scaffolding Insurance FAQ
Why is public liability insurance important?
Public liability insurance is incredibly important when doing something as high-risk as scaffolding. If something were to fall and injure or kill a member of the public, you could easily find yourself facing a potentially devastating liability claim. With public liability insurance, you wouldn’t have to worry about paying from your own pocket. You can also get legal fees included in your policy.
How much will scaffolding insurance cost?
The cost of a policy will depend on some key factors, such as –
- The level of cover you require
- Your age and experience
- Number of employees
- How you choose to pay
- Where you get your cover
Is it better to pay monthly or yearly?
Paying monthly allows you to comfortably spread the cost of your cover but if you can pay annually, a lot of insurance providers will give you a discount for doing this.
Get Scaffolding Insurance quotes
You can save money on scaffolding insurance by getting quotes from different providers to compare the price. Just click the green button now and you can have tailored quotes in just minutes.