Compare Electrician Insurance Quotes
- Compare Electrician Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Electrician Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Electrician Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Electrician Insurance cover
If you work as an electrician, there are certain risks you need to protect against so you can carry out your job with peace of mind. Things like personal accidents, liability claims and theft/damage/loss of your tools are all considerable risks.
With a good electrician insurance policy, you can get cover for these types of risks for an affordable cost.
Read below for the different types of cover available as well as some ways you can save money on electrician insurance.
No matter how experienced a Electrician you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Electrician Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Electrician Insurance available
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
Saving money on Electrician Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Electrician Insurance FAQ
What is included in an electrician insurance policy?
Electrician insurance policies can be tailored to suit your exact needs. For example, if you have employees, then you’ll need to get employers’ liability insurance included in your policy. Public liability insurance and tools cover are very common types of cover found in an electrician policy too.
How much does electrician insurance cost?
The cost of an electrician insurance policy will vary depending on factors such as –
- Your age and work experience
- The level of cover you get
- The number of employees you have
- How you choose to pay for your cover
- Who you get your cover from
Do I need employers liability insurance?
If you have any employees, even if they’re on a part-time basis, then yes – you are required by law to get employers’ liability insurance.
Get Electrician Insurance quotes
Getting electrician insurance quotes is now easier than ever. Simply click the green quote button and you can get tailored quotes from a panel of expert providers in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is pick the best one!