Compare Gardener Insurance Quotes
- Compare Gardener Insurance quotes now
- One short form – save time & money
- Specialist UK Gardener Insurance providers
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Gardener Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of tradesman insurance specialists
Why you need Gardener Insurance cover
Working as a gardener comes with several risks. Not only do you have to think about protecting your tools and equipment, but you also need to consider liability claims, both from customers and your employees.
A good gardener insurance policy will protect you for all the major risks that come with the job so you can work with full peace of mind.
You can find the main types of cover available below in addition to some great ways of save money when you take out a policy.
No matter how experienced a Gardener you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Gardener Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Public liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Business equipment
- Legal expenses
- Employers' liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Contract works insurance
Types of Gardener Insurance available
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
Saving money on Gardener Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Gardener Insurance FAQ
Can I get gardener insurance if I'm self-employed?
Yes, you can take out a gardener insurance policy if you’re self-employed. It’s often a good idea to take out some additional types of cover in this instance, such as –
- Income protection
- Business interruption
What are the best types of cover to get as a gardener?
The most recommended types of cover for gardeners are –
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance (if you have any employees)
- Tools cover
How much will a gardener insurance policy cost?
The cost of a gardener insurance policy will vary depending on the following –
- Your age
- Number of employees
- Level of cover
- How you pay (monthly or yearly)
- Who you get cover with
Get Gardener Insurance quotes
Getting quotes from different insurance providers is an excellent way to save money on gardener insurance. Thankfully it’s now easier than ever to do. Simply click the green button below to get started now.