Compare Builder Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Builder Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Builder Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Builder Insurance providers including
Why you need Builder Insurance cover
When you work as a builder, you need to protect yourself from all the main risks that come with the job. This includes your tools and equipment as well as cover for things like liability claims from both members of the public and your employees.
Finding good builder insurance is easier than ever and you can easily tailor quotes to suit the exact needs of your business. Having good cover in place will allow you to operate your business with full peace of mind and you’ll know that if anything goes wrong, you’ll be covered.
Check below for the different types of builder insurance cover you can get as well some ways to save money.[
No matter how experienced a Builder you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Builder Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Business equipment
- Employers' liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Builder Insurance available
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
Saving money on Builder Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Builder Insurance FAQ
What types of builder insurance can you get?
Some of the main types of builder insurance includes –
- Tools insurance
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Business interruption
Is employers' liability insurance necessary?
Yes. If you have any employees, even if they’re part time, then you need to have employers’ liability insurance in place by law.
How much does builder insurance cost?
The cost of a builder insurance policy will depend on a few key factors. These include –
- The level of cover you take out
- The number of employees you have
- The area you work in
- The value of your tools and equipment
Get Builder Insurance quotes
Getting quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on builder insurance so it makes sense to do it in the easiest way possible. Simply click the green button and you can have builder insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers in a matter of minutes.