Compare Fitters Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Fitters Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Fitters Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Fitters Insurance providers including
Why you need Fitters Insurance cover
If you work as a bathroom fitter, then you’ll know it’s a job that comes with many risks. When working with the public, you always need to think about the possibility of liability claims. If somebody were to be injured as a result of your work, then you’d have to pay out of your own pocket without cover in place.
In addition to public liability claims, you should also consider cover for your tools and equipment as well as getting employers’ liability insurance if you have any employees.
You can find the different types of cover that are available below as well as some good ways to save money.
No matter how experienced a Fitters you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Fitters Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Employers' liability insurance
- Business equipment
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Contract works insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Public liability insurance
- Legal expenses
Types of Fitters Insurance available
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
Saving money on Fitters Insurance cover
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
Fitters Insurance FAQ
What type of cover can you get with a fitters insurance policy?
- Financial loss
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Legal expenses
- Personal accidents and death
What much will a policy cost?
The cost of a fitters insurance policy will depend on –
- Your age and experience
- Whether you have any employees
- The level of cover you get
- How secure your van is
- Who you take out cover with
Do I need to take out a fitters insurance policy?
When you work with the public, it’s always highly recommended that you get public liability insurance, although you’re not legally required to do so. You are, however required to get employers’ liability insurance if you have any employees, even part-time employees.
Get Fitters Insurance quotes
Getting multiple quotes is an excellent way to save money on fitters insurance, so it’s certainly a step you should take. Simply click the green button and you have can have tailored quotes in a matter of minutes.