Compare Handyman Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK Handyman Insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money on your Handyman Insurance
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK Handyman Insurance providers including
Why you need Handyman Insurance cover
If you work as a handyman, then having a good insurance policy in place is essential. Working in customers’ homes comes with a certain level of risk and without public liability cover in place, you could easily end up facing a liability claim with nothing to protect you.
You can get good handyman insurance easier than ever now, so you’re able to do what you do best with full peace of mind.
You can find some of the main types of handyman cover available below in addition to some reliable ways of saving money.
No matter how experienced a Handyman you are accidents can happen. That’s why the panel of expert Handyman Insurance providers can get the right cover for you
Cover available includes:
- Public liability insurance
- Business buildings and contents insurance
- Tools and equipment insurance
- Business equipment
- Legal expenses
- Employers' liability insurance
- Plant and Machinery
- Personal accident insurance
- Contract works insurance
Types of Handyman Insurance available
- Business equipment - The businesses equipment used by tradesman is often very expensive so it's a good idea to get cover for defective and damaged equipment.
- Personal accident cover - If you were injured whilst on the job then any medical expenses would be covered as well as your personal income until you were able to get back to work.
- Public liability - Liability claims are always a risk when working with the public so getting a good amount of public liability cover included in your policy is a must. You can choose exactly how much cover to get depending on the size of your business.
- Legal expenses - In addition to getting cover for liability claims, you can also get cover for legal expenses includes in a tradesman policy.
- Employers' liability - If you have any employees at all, even if they're part-time, then you need to have employers' liability cover included in your policy.
- Tools - You can also get cover for your tools, whether they're on-site or in your van. Sometimes insurers will insist that the van is parked in a compound or secure garage overnight so be sure to find out the details of the cover you can get.
Saving money on Handyman Insurance cover
- Make your premises secure - If you have a premises that you work from then you'll certainly want to take any steps you can to make it as secure as possible. The same thing applies to your van if you have cover for your tools while they're stored in it.
- Shop around - You should always make sure you get a lot of quotes when looking for a tradesman insurance policy. You might be able to get a better deal elsewhere that you're not aware of if you simply take out the first policy you're offered.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly rather than monthly basis then the majority of insurance providers will give you a considerable discount for doing this. You will of course pay more upfront but it will reduce the overall cost of the policy.
- Increase excess - If you had to make a claim on your policy then the excess is the amount you would pay towards it. By increasing the excess on your policy you can reduce your monthly payments. Of course it's a little bit of a risky way to cut down costs since you'd have to pay extra when making a claim.
Handyman Insurance FAQ
What types of handyman insurance cover are available?
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Tools cover
- Personal accidents
- Stock cover
Is employers' liability insurance necessary?
If you work solo, then you obviously won’t need to get this type of cover but if you have any type of employees at all, even if they’re part-time, then you’ll need to have employers’ liability insurance included in your policy.
Will my van be covered as standard?
No, typically handyman insurance policies don’t cover vehicles. For this, you’ll need to get a separate van insurance policy to cover your van for road risks, theft, damage etc.
Get Handyman Insurance quotes
Comparing handyman insurance quotes from different providers is a great way to save money. To get tailored handyman insurance quotes now, simply click the green button.