Whether you transport hazardous goods such as fuel, liquid waste and chemicals, the panel of expert hazardous goods fleet insurance providers will find the right cover to protect you, your contents and your customers.
- Cover For All Types of Vehicles
- Employers & Public Liability Insurance
- Contents Cover
- Breakdown Assistance
- Flexible Payment Options
- Full Documentation Available Instantly
Hazardous Goods Fleet Insurance Explained
If your company transports hazardous goods then it’s vital that you get the right type of cover. With a hazardous goods fleet insurance policy you’re able to insure all your vehicles together and get full protection.
Types of hazardous goods fleet insurance
- Road risks – Road risks will cover your vehicles for the risks your drivers face on the roads i.e. collisions. The type of policy you get will depend on how much protection your own vehicles have.
- Any driver – An any driver policy is very useful when you have multiple vehicles that need to be driven by your employees. It will enable any of your employees to drive any vehicle.
- Public liability – Public liability insurance will ensure that if a liability claim were to go against your company, there’d be enough money there to cover it.
- Employer’s liability – Employer’s liability insurance will protect you from claims from your employees.
- Breakdowns – You can also have breakdown assistance included in your policy for an additional cost.
Factors that affect the cost of a fleet insurance policy
- Named drivers – The named drivers on your policy will certainly affect its price, which is why a lot of companies will avoid hiring drivers who would be considered high risk i.e. those who are under the age of 25 or who have a criminal record.
- Total number of vehicles – The total number of vehicles that you need to insurance on the policy will also affect its cost. More vehicles generally means a higher chance of a claim being made so large fleets will of course cost more to insure.
- Security – The security of your vehicles and your premises will also impact how much you pay for fleet insurance so it’s a good idea to make security a priority.
Types of Hazardous Goods
Cover for vehicles that carry contents such as;
- Toxic Waste
- Chemical Waste
- Clinical Waste
- Combustible and inflammable materials
- Corrosive fluids
Carriage Conditions to Consider
Keep up to date with the latest industry regulations, including the following:
- Low Emissions Certification (LEC) for the Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)
- Accord Dangereux Routier Legislation (ADR)
- Transports Internationaux Routiers (TIR)
Get hazardous goods fleet insurance quotes now
You can get hazardous goods fleet insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers now by clicking the green button below.