If you have convictions – whether they’re driving related or not – then you might be concerned that it will be impossible to get cover for your motor trade business at a reasonable price. Whilst it’s true that insurance providers consider people with convictions to be higher risk, thankfully there are specialist providers who offer cover at a fair price based on your individual circumstances.
- Cover for Convicted Drivers
- Cover for proposers with Criminal Convictions
- All Cases Considered
- Full Cover for Your Business
- Cover From Specialist Providers
- Full Documentation Available Instantly
Table of Contents
- Convicted Drivers Motor Trade InsuranceJump
- Types of convicted drivers motor trade insuranceJump
- Addressing Conviction ChallengesJump
- Tailored Insurance SolutionsJump
- Ways to Save Money on Convicted Drivers Motor Trade InsuranceJump
- Why get motor trade quotes onlineJump
- Convicted Drivers Motor Trade Insurance FAQJump
- Why does a conviction affect the cost of motor trade insurance?Jump
- How much will motor trade insurance for convicted drivers cover cost?Jump
- Get convicted drivers motor trade insurance quotes onlineJump
Types of convicted drivers motor trade insurance
- Road risks – When running a business in the motor trade, it’s a necessity that you and your staff can work on customer vehicles and be protected for anything that might go wrong. This is what road risks enables you to do. You can chose what level of cover you need depending on your budget.
- Combined motor trade insurance – If you want to protect every part of your motor trade business then a combined policy is the best way to do this. As well as providing road risks cover, your premises will also be covered in addition to things like tools, stock and cash.
- Part-time cover – If you work on a part-time basis in the motor trade then you can get a policy that covers you only for the time you need.
- Liability claims – Protect yourself against liability claims by getting public liability insurance included in your policy. You can also add legal expenses for an extra layer of protection.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is another type of additional cover you get have included in your policy. Whether or not you feel if breakdown assistance is necessary will depend on the type of motor trade business you run and how much you and your staff must transport vehicles.
Useful LinksHow long endorsements stay on your licence – A guide to help you figure out how long until your conviction is spent
Motoring convictions and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act – Useful information about the different types of motoring convictions and penalty points.
Addressing Conviction Challenges
We recognise that a significant portion of the driving population may have past convictions. While these convictions can present challenges in securing motor trade insurance, they are not insurmountable hurdles. With a transparent dialogue with the insurance providers. Through leveraging the UK’s comprehensive database for criminal driving history, they strive to craft insurance policies that align with your unique business needs. This approach ensures that past convictions do not hinder your progress in securing the necessary insurance cover.
- Transparent Communication: Open dialogue to understand the impact of your convictions.
- Expert Guidance: The insurance providers are here to navigate the complexities with you.
- Customised Solutions: Insurance policies tailored to address and mitigate the challenges posed by convictions.
Tailored Insurance Solutions
Motor conviction codes can have a significant bearing on insurance premiums. The panel of insurance providers delve into a thorough understanding of these codes and their implications on insurance terms. Their objective is to tailor a motor trade insurance policy that takes into account the nature and number of convictions, ensuring a fair evaluation that is reflective of your current circumstances rather than your past.
- Detailed Assessment: A deep dive into your conviction codes to understand their implications.
- Fair Evaluation: Assessments that reflect your present standing, not past mistakes.
- Personalised Policies: Crafting policies that cater to the nuances of your situation.
Ways to Save Money on Convicted Drivers Motor Trade Insurance
Below are ways you can save money on convicted drivers motor trade insurance –
Make your premises secure – If you have a premises and opt to get a combined policy then an excellent way to keep costs down is being able to demonstrate to insurance providers that your premises is safe. There are many ways to make your premises more secure such as having anti-climb wall spikes installed around the premises, CCTV, security lights and an alarm installed
Did you know?Getting insurance as a convicted driver might be more challenging but there are specialist providers that will take your unique circumstances into account and give you a quote that’s fairly priced.
Pay annually – Paying for your cover annually rather than monthly is another way you can save money in the long term. Most insurance providers will prefer when you’re able to make a more significant down payment, meaning they may offer you a good discount on the cost of your policy.
Get quotes from a lot of insurance providers – Perhaps the most obvious way you can save money on convicted drivers motor trade insurance is to get multiple quotes from different insurance providers. This will enable you to compare them easily and pick the one that’s the best value for money.
Why get motor trade quotes online
- Stress-free quotes – A big reason to get motor trade insurance quotes online is that it takes the stress out of the process. By filling out a simple quote form, you’re able to get quotes from many different insurance providers that you can easily compare.
- Get expert advice – If you are new to the motor trade and not sure exactly what type of policy is right for your business then you can get advice very easily from the panel of expert insurance providers. They are able to advise you on the range of cover options available as well as advising which types of cover are most vital for the type of motor trade business you run.
- Save time – By getting quotes online you can also save a great deal of time when compared to calling providers individually, which is always a great benefit to busy business owners.
- Save money – Getting a lot of quotes can also save you a good deal of money by preventing you from overspending.
Convicted Drivers Motor Trade Insurance FAQ
Why does a conviction affect the cost of motor trade insurance?
Insurance for convicted drivers is higher in general, even if you’re just seeking a personal car or van insurance for convicted drivers policy. Unfortunately, this also applies to motor trade insurance.
Motor traders insurance is more expensive as you are considered to be higher risk person. Insurance providers will also consider many risk factors such as age, how severe your conviction is and how secure your presmise is when you take out a policy in order to come up with its price.
How much will motor trade insurance for convicted drivers cover cost?
There are a few key things that will affect how much you pay for cover. The main ones are –
- The severity of your conviction – How serious your conviction was will certainly be considered by insurance providers. As you would expect, more serious convictions will generally mean you will pay more for cover.
- The type of your business – The type of your business will be taken into account too, meaning whether you sell cars, work on them, import them etc.
- The size of your business – The size of your business will affect how much you pay, including how many customers/employers/vehicles you have.
Get convicted drivers motor trade insurance quotes online
Get motor trade insurance quotes now from the panel of expert providers and you could be very pleasantly surprised just how affordable motor trade insurance with convictions can be.