Running your own motor trade business comes with a lot of responsibility so getting the right insurance policy is key.
Get traders insurance quotes for your Performance and Tuning Workshop now by clicking the green button.
- Protect your premises
- Protect your vehicles
- Public liability cover
- Employers liability
- Instant documentation
Performance and Tuning Workshops Motor Trade Insurance – A Quick Guide
When you run a business where you’re working on other peoples’ vehicles, it’s absolutely vital that you have the right level of motor trade insurance cover. A motor trade insurance policy will provide the level of protection you need and enable you to run your business with full peace of mind.
Types of motor traders insurance cover
- Road risks – Road risks might not seem like something you’d need cover for if you run a performance and tuning workshop. However even if you’re only moving a customer vehicle a few feet, accidents can still happen. If you were to back into another vehicle and the car damaged, then it would be your responsibility to have it repaired. Road risks will cover you for such scenarios.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are always a worry when working on other peoples’ vehicles such public liability insurance is highly recommended. You can also take out liability insurance to cover you for claims from your employees too.
- A combined policy – A combined policy will not only cover you for working on customer vehicles but it will also cover your premises itself as well as tools, stock and cash.
Saving money on your motor trade insurance
- Pay upfront – Paying for your traders insurance policy upfront will enable you to make a significant saving on the overall cost of the policy with most providers. It’s important to think about whether you can afford to do this though as it will represent a significant outgoing.
- Be selective with employees – Being selective with your employees is always important as this will be something that insurance providers take into account when coming up with a price for your policy. The best type of employees are those who are over 25, have a good amount of experience in the motor trade and who do not have any criminal or driving convictions.
- Make your premises secure – Making your premises secure will reduce the risk of theft and vandalism so it’s very important to do. Steps such as installing an alarm, CCTV and security lights will all help to make your premises more secure.
Get traders insurance quotes
If you’d like to get motor trade cover quotes for your business now then simply click the green button below. After providing some necessary information you’ll then be sent your quotes from the panel of motor trade insurance specialists. All you have to do is pick the one that’s best.