Part time traders insurance cover is perfect if you have another occupation in addition to motor trade and buy/sell or work on vehicles on a part time basis as a business or hobby.
- Cover own road vehicles, those being worked on, delivered/used for motor trade purposes.
- Premises cover including vehicle storage and refurbishment.
- Cover your own vehicles for Social, Domestic and Pleasure use
- Get cover for tools, plant and equipment for theft, material damage etc
- Cover available for vehicles away at sub-contractors premises
- Cover to Suit All Business Types
A Guide to Part Time Traders Insurance
Not everyone who works in the motor trade does so on a full time basis. If you want to get a flexible policy where you’re only covered for the period of time you require then a part time traders insurance policy is what you need.
Even if you have previous motoring convictions then you can still apply to get a part time motor trade insurance policy.
If you only work in the motor trade on a part time basis, then a part time traders policy is the ideal choice. You can adjust your policy so you only get cover for when you need it and you can choose the exact level of cover you require too.
What is Part Time Traders Insurance?
You will need to get a good insurance policy to cover you if you work part time in the motor trade. There are many insurance providers who offer tailored quotes for part time motor trade insurance. These policies are suited to those who only work in the motor trade part time and will take into account the wants and needs of the individual.
How much will a part time policy cost?
The cost of a part time traders policy will depend on a few key factors. They are –
- Your age – Insurance providers consider younger people higher risk; in fact many providers will not provide cover to those who are under the age of 22. If you are under 25 and want to get cover then you can get an under 25 motor trade insurance policy.
- How secure your premises are – The security of your premises is always a big factor that will affect how much you’ll pay for motor trade insurance. A premises without any real security measures is more likely to be targeted by vandals and thieves so you can expect to pay more for your cover.
The type of business you run – How much you pay for a part time policy will also be affected by the type of business you run. Certain types of businesses are considered a higher risk than others, which is why insurance providers will seriously take into account.
You can get down on the cost of your part time traders insurance by limiting the cover options.
Do I qualify for a traders policy?
To be able to qualify for a motor trade insurance policy you must meet the following criteria –
- You must be at least 25 years of age (it can be higher with some providers)
- You must have held a full UK driver’s licence for at least 12 months
- Some providers may also require you to prove you work in the motor trade
Part time traders insurance options
Below are some of the main types of cover you can get included in a part time traders policy –
- Third party – Third party insurance will enable you to work on and drive customer vehicles legally. However it will only provide minimal protection; if you’re involved in a collision that you’re liable for, for example, then you would not be paid you.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy will provide full protection for the vehicle you’re driving if you’re involved in a collision, even one that you’re liable for.
- Liability claims – It’s always a good idea to protect yourself against claims by getting public liability insurance included in your policy. You can also have legal fees included too.
- Breakdowns – Breakdown insurance is another type of cover you can have included in a part time traders insurance policy.
Ways to save money on part time traders insurance
Below are some great ways to save money on part time traders insurance –
Getting a lot of quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on part time traders insurance as it prevents you overspending on a policy.
- Pay upfront – Paying for your policy upfront might not seem appealing at first but doing this will enable you to make a good saving with almost all insurance providers. You just need to consider whether you’re able to afford it.
- Make your premises secure – If you work from a premises then it’s extremely important to make it secure if you want to keep the cost of your insurance to a minimum. Securing your premises might take a little bit of investment but it could help you save a good amount on your insurance.
- Get quotes from a lot of different insurance providers – Getting quotes from different insurance providers is one of the most reliable ways you can save money on part time traders insurance as it will prevent you from overspending on a policy you could have gotten cheaper elsewhere.
Get part time traders insurance quotes now
To get part time traders insurance quotes now is incredibly simple. Just click the green button below to get started and you can have quotes within a matter of minutes.