How to get DR70 car insurance quotes
A DR70 conviction is for failing to provide a specimen for a breath test and comes with a punishment of 4 penalty points on your licence. Having a DR70 conviction means insurance providers will consider you a higher risk and you can therefore expect to pay more for cover. There are specialist providers, however, who will take your circumstances into account and be able to provide you with a fair quote.
You can get DR70 car insurance quotes very easily now by clicking on any of the quotes buttons on this page.
Table of Contents
- DR70 Car InsuranceJump
- How to get DR70 car insurance quotesJump
- Types of DR70 car insuranceJump
- Saving money on DR70 car insuranceJump
- The Impact of a DR70 Conviction on Car InsuranceJump
- Consequences of a DR70 ConvictionJump
- Strategies to Mitigate the Impact of a DR70 ConvictionJump
- Considering Coverage and TelematicsJump
- The Role of Insurance BrokersJump
- Switching Cars: A Temporary SolutionJump
- Drink Driving Motoring Conviction CodesJump
- Get DR70 car insurance quotes quickly and easilyJump
Types of DR70 car insurance
- Road risks – You can choose from three options for road risks insurance – third party only; third party, fire and theft; and fully comprehensive. A fully comprehensive policy provides the most protection for your car but if you just want enough cover to make your car road legal then a third party only policy would be better.
- Breakdown cover – If you don’t already have breakdown cover in place, then most insurance providers will give you the option to add it to your policy for an additional fee.
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Saving money on DR70 car insurance
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for your policy annually rather than monthly, then you’ll be able to save significantly with most insurance providers. You might pay more upfront but you’ll save on the overall cost of the policy.
- Secure your vehicle – Making your vehicle secure is another good way to keep the cost of your insurance down. You can take steps like having an alarm/immobiliser installed as well as parking your car securely.
- Get a lot of quotes – You should get as many quotes as you can when looking for car insurance, particularly when you have a conviction since the prices you’re quoted can vary a lot.
The Impact of a DR70 Conviction on Car Insurance
When a person receives a DR70 conviction their car insurance can be greatly affected. This conviction is given to those who fail to provide a breath test sample without a valid excuse. Insurance companies view this as a serious offence and will often factor it in when calculating insurance premiums.
Consequences of a DR70 Conviction
It’s important to understand the consequences of a DR70 conviction on your car insurance. Receiving a DR70 conviction can make finding affordable car insurance difficult. Many insurance companies that offer low rates may refuse to offer quotes for drivers with these convictions on their driving records. There are limited options available for convicted drivers, which often leads to higher premiums.
Strategies to Mitigate the Impact of a DR70 Conviction
However, there are strategies you can use to lessen the impact of a DR70 conviction on your insurance costs. One way is by shopping around for different providers. While some companies may not insure convicted drivers altogether others are more accommodating and offer competitive rates that could save you money in the long run.
Considering Coverage and Telematics
Although reducing coverage from comprehensive to third party, fire and theft might seem like an attractive money saver option it could leave you exposed in the event of an accident where you’re at fault as your vehicle won’t be covered for damage caused by you. Installing telematics or ‘black box’ commonly referred to can also be an option for those with DR70 convictions as it monitors driving behaviour through devices installed in the cars for such purposes. If your driving behaviour has been exemplary since receiving the conviction or if it was just once off resulting in being charged then this could help alleviate fears among insurers that may categorise you as a high risk driver.
The Role of Insurance Brokers
Moreover, consider using an insurance broker specialized in handling cases related to drivers with convictions. You’ll have someone negotiating on your behalf who understands both legalities around such cases and how best they can market them an alternative course of action despite records making it hard for prospective insurers willing ensure such high risk drivers
Switching Cars: A Temporary Solution
Finally, if you’re deemed ineligible or you struggle to get affordable rates, it’s wise to switch cars or opt for a less high-performance vehicle. In the event your driving history remains free of convictions after a few years you can relook into obtaining cover from a wider range of insurers.
Drink Driving Motoring Conviction Codes
|DR70||Failing to provide a specimen for a breath test||4|
Get DR70 car insurance quotes quickly and easily
When grappling with the aftermath accompanying a DR70 conviction on your driving record and its corresponding effects on maximum affordable car insurance coverage rates it’s important to not become discouraged. Remember that this conviction will only remain on your driving record for four years – and any current challenges can be resolved with reasonable perseverance and grit. Considering alternative vehicle options temporarily to take control of future costs could yield promising results while researching pay-per-mile policies and high deductible options could also prove worthwhile in the long run.
Don’t give up hope: time, attention to safe driving practices and thoughtful consideration of all available coverage avenues is vital.
Getting DR70 car insurance quotes is a quick and easy process. Just click the button below to get your quotes now!
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.