Get convicted motorcycle insurance quotes easily
Getting affordable insurance when you have a conviction as a motorcyclist can seem like an impossible task. Luckily there are specialist insurance providers that can offer you cover at a price you can afford.
- All types of convictions considered
- Cover for road risks
- UK and European cover
- Multiple payment options are available
- Get insurance documents immediately
A guide to convicted motorcycle insurance
There’s no doubt that having a conviction makes getting motorcycle insurance at an affordable rate more difficult. How much premiums increase will depend on the severity of the conviction you have among other factors. For less serious convictions that come with 3 penalty points, the increase in what you’ll pay for insurance is usually fairly minor, at around 5% or so.
More serious convictions unfortunately mean a bigger increase in what you’ll pay. For convictions that come with 6 penalty points can mean an increase of 20-30% depending on the insurance provider. Convictions that come with more than 6 points can be even higher still.
Although convictions can mean a significant increase to the cost of motorcycle insurance, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to find a policy at a rate you can afford. One of the best ways you can save money when looking for convicted motorcycle insurance is to get quotes from many different providers.
You can get quotes now by clicking one of the green buttons on this page. Before you do though, it’s a good idea to read through the information below to find out the different types of cover available as well as some great ways to save money.
- If your convictions are unspent, then it’s very important to let insurance providers to know. Failure to do this could easily invalidate your policy.
- Getting quotes is one of the best ways you can save money when you’re looking for convicted motorcycle insurance.
- How much more you pay for your insurance will depend on the severity of your conviction.
- Be sure to find out whether your conviction is spent or unspent before seeking cover.
Convicted motorcycle insurance FAQs
How much does convicted motorcycle insurance cost?
The cost of a convicted motorcycle insurance policy will depend on a few factors, the main ones being –
- The severity of your conviction – The main thing that will determine how much you pay for cover will be the severity of your conviction. The more points it carried, the more you can expect to pay.
- Your age – Your age is another big factor that impacts insurance costs. If you’re over 30, then you’ll usually pay significantly less than people who are 30 and under.
- Your riding experience – If you’re a new motorcycle rider, then you’ll likely pay more compared to somebody with a lot of years of riding experience.
- Where your bike is parked – The best case scenario would be too have a secure garage to park your motorcycle in when you’re not using it. This would mean you pay the least for your cover since your vehicle is at much less risk of being stolen or vandalized. If you park your motorcycle on the street, then your insurance costs will increase quite a bit by comparison.
Is convicted motorcycle insurance more expensive?
Yes. If you have a conviction, then you’ll pay more for your motorcycle insurance than somebody who doesn’t, all things being equal.
Are there any ways to save money on convicted motorcycle insurance?
Yes. Some of the best ways to save money when looking for cover include –
- Get multiple quotes – Getting quotes from several different insurance providers is one of the best ways to save money on insurance and it’s now easier than ever to do.
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for your policy upfront, then you can save a significant amount compared to paying monthly.
- Park securely – You should always park your motorcycle securely when not in use. If you have a garage or driveway, then you’ll pay less compared to parking it on the street.
Getting quotes from multiple providers is a great way to save money on convicted motorcycle insurance.
Types of cover available
- Third party only – Third party only insurance is the minimum level of cover you’ll need in order to make your motorcycle road legal. It will provide cover for other road users if you’re involved a collision where you’re to blame.
- Third party, fire and theft – For added protection for your own vehicle, you might consider getting a third party, fire and theft policy. In addition to making your bike road legal, it will also protect it for fire damage and theft.
- Fully comprehensive – A fully comprehensive policy will provide all the cover a third party, fire and theft policy does but also provides cover for motorcycle, even in accidents where you were at fault.
- Additional cover options – In addition to the main cover options mentioned above, you also have the choice to get additional cover. These includes things like personal accident cover, cover for helmet and leathers; and excess protection.
Minor convictions usually only cause a small increase in what you pay for motorcycle insurance.
Get convicted motorcycle insurance quotes now
If you want to get quotes for convicted motorcycle insurance, it’s incredibly easy to do. Just click the green button now and you can have tailored quotes from a panel of specialist providers within minutes.
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.