Get quotes for Rigid Lorry insurance in just a few minutes!
- UK and European Cover
- All Cover Options
- Legal Expenses
- Public Liability
- Breakdown Assistance
A Guide to Rigid Lorry Insurance
- Fully comprehensive – If you want the most protection possible for your vehicle then fully comprehensive cover is the way to go. Even if you’re involved in an accident that you’re to blame for, your own vehicle as well as the third party vehicle will be covered by your insurance.
- Third party – Third party insurance – as the name suggests – provides cover for third parties in accidents that you are to blame for. Although the blame in accidents is often disputed, you always need to have third party cover in place as a minimum in case it’s proven that you were at fault for an accident. Third party insurance is the cheapest option available but you should always consider if it provides enough protection for your needs.
- Third party, fire & theft – This type of cover will also provide cover for the third parties in addition to damage by fire and vehicle theft. Rigid trucks are very expensive vehicles so covering them against theft is always a good idea.
- Loss of licence benefit – If you were unable to work because you’d lost your licence then you need to have a backup plan in place. Loss of licence benefit is just this backup plan. It will compensate you for the period of time that you’re unable to work until you get your licence back. Losing your licence can have devastating financial consequences so don’t wait until it’s too late.
- European cover – If you or your drivers need to be able to drive out of the country then you can have European cover included in the policy. You can then specify the level of cover required.
- Legal fees – If you were to face a liability claim as a result of dangerous driving then you’ll need to fight it in court. Paying for the legal expenses to do this can be a heavy burden. When you get this option included in your policy, the legal expenses will be taken care of for you.
- Public liability – Liability claims are a threat to all truck drivers and trucking firms. The payouts involved in liability claims can be extremely large and if you don’t have protection in place, it could easily bankrupt your company.
Addition Types of Cover
- Windscreen repair – Windscreen repair is something that people often don’t think to include in their policy but it’s an extremely useful type of additional cover to get.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is a necessity no matter what kind of truck you drive. Since rigid lorry drivers typically make long journeys, this can easily increase the risk of the truck breaking down. If you’ve already got breakdown assistance from another provider then it’s still worth asking to see how much it would cost to include in your policy.
Why Get Cover Online?
Below are some of the best benefits of getting rigid truck insurance online –
- Unique insurance options – A big benefit of getting insurance from specialist providers is that you can make your policy tailored to your exact needs. For example, if you want goods to be covered for theft and damage this is possible. You can also cover your truck so it can be driven overseas.
- Easy to get quotes – Another big benefit of getting cover online is that it makes it much easier to get quotes from different insurance providers. You no longer have to call around and be given the hard sell. Now you can get all your quotes from one place.
- Save money – Because getting quotes is so easy, you can compare them against each other and pick the policy that offers you the best value for money.
- Simple claims process – It’s never good when you need to make a claim and your insurance provider makes you jump through hoops just to get the pay out you’re due. When you get insurance from a specialist provider you can be sure that the claims process will be simple.
- Expert advice – If you’d like to speak to an advisor to find out more about the cover options that are available then this is no problem.
- Easy set up – Setting up insurance online is very quick and simple. You can pay with any UK debit/credit card and once it’s set up, the money will simply come out of your account each month without you having to worry about anything.
How to Save Money
- Consider a fleet policy – When you have multiple trucks then it nearly always ends up being cheaper to insure them as a fleet rather than individually. Fleet lorry insurance can be sought when you have 3 or more vehicles and is an excellent way to simplify things as well as save money.
- Get a limited mileage policy – If you can limit the number of miles you drive each year then you might be eligible for a limited mileage policy. Limited mileage policies are cheaper because the chances of you making a claim are reduced.
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for the policy upfront then this is another excellent way to make a saving. Be sure to haggle for the best price possible when doing this since you can save a good amount of money.
Getting Quotes the Easy Way
Getting quotes doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact if you click the red button below you’ll be able to access quotes from a panel of lorry insurance specialists within a matter of minutes. All you have to do is provide a bit of information about your policy needs and you can get your tailored quotes today!