Short Term Property Insurance


  • Complete protection for your property
  • Quotes from specialist providers
  • Cover for structural damage, theft and vandalism
  • Flexible payment options
  • Instant documentation

Why get short term property insurance?

If you own property that is going to be unoccupied for an extended period of time then you need to make sure you have the necessary cover for it. Home insurance policies typically only cover an unoccupied property for a period of 30 days. After this time you must get a special type of cover known as unoccupied property insurance. Unoccupied property insurance can be taken out on a flexible basis, from as little as a couple of months to a 12-month policy. You’re also able to extend your policy as required.

Common reasons for getting short term unoccupied property insurance include –

  • You are going on holiday and will be leaving your home unoccupied for more than 30 days
  • You are insuring a holiday home that you only use for part of the year
  • You are refurbishing or renovating your property
  • You are a landlord and currently looking for new tenants

What’s covered?

What exactly is covered will depend on the level of cover you take out but below are some common types of cover to consider –

  • Structural damage – Structural damage is usually included in every unoccupied property insurance policy as standard. It will cover your property itself as well as any surrouding structures, such as fences, your garden, walls and patio.
  • Vandalism –  Any property that is left unoccupied for an extended period of time is more likely to be vandalised so this is a very important type of cover to get.
  • Squatters – Squatters are a very real concern when you own property that’s unoccupied for long periods. Getting this type of cover will ensure you’re compensated until you’re legally able to have them removed.
  • Fire – Fire damage is another concern for owners of unoccupied properties. A minor fire can soon turn into a catastrophe when there’s nobody around to deal with it and can even result in total damage to your property.
  • Theft – If your property contains valuable contents then getting them covered as part of your policy is a must. Items such as TVs, games consoles, PCs and mobile devices can all be attractive to theives so you’re better off removing them from the property wherever possible.

Get quotes now

If you’re looking for short term unoccupied property insurance at a competitive rate then a great way to save money is by getting multiple quotes. You can get quotes from a panel of unoccupied property insurance specialists now by simply clicking the green button below.