A Quick Start Guide to Listed Property Insurance
If you own a listed property then it’s essential that you get it protected with a good insurance policy. When looking for insurance for a listed building or period property, you’ll need to seek out specialist providers. This is because the rebuild costs are typically much higher than a regular home. Finding quotes for listed buildings doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact you can get quotes from a panel of specialist providers by clicking the red button on this page.
What is a listed building?
Listed buildings are those that are on the national register as being of particular historical or architectural importance or interest. Listed buildings are typically very aesthetically beautiful and in idyllic settings. As the owner of a listed building or period property, it’s your responsibility to ensure it’s kept in a good state of repair. Period properties are usually, but not always listed. If they were built between 1700 and 1840 and have survived in their original condition, then they’ll usually be listed.
Benefits of getting cover online
- Cover for all types of listed buildings
- All types of cover available
- Fair quotes from a panel of specialists
- Payment by debit or credit card
- Instant documentation
- Full support
Ways to save money
- Have a survey conducted – Having a survey conducted is always recommend when purchasing a listed property. The reason for this is that when you purchase a listed property, you’ll be responsible for any previous unauthorised work that was done. A surveyor will be able to inform you of this so you don’t get any nasty surprises.
- Make fire safety a priority – For a lot of period properties, particularly those with thatched roofs, fire can be a big hazard. You should have a chimney inspection carried out and inform your insurance providers of this since chimneys pose one of the biggest threats to such properties.
- Get multiple quotes – Getting multiple quotes is recommended when taking out any type of insurance, but particularly so for listed buildings and period properties. The prices you’re quoted can vary a lot so you should always make the effort to do this.
Get quotes quickly and easily
If you want to get quotes for a listed building or period property then you’re in the right place. By clicking the right button below, you’ll be able to have accessed to tailored quotes from a panel of specialist providers within a matter of minutes. What are you waiting for?
Listed Building Home Insurance FAQs
Do I need special insurance for a listed building?
Who insures historic buildings?
Is house insurance more for a listed building?
Is it more expensive to insure a grade 2 listed building?
What are the risks of insuring a listed building?
- Age of the property – Older buildings tend to be more prone to things like damp and weather damage. This is something insurance providers always consider.
- Rebuild costs – The rebuild costs of a property will also play a big factor in how much a listed building policy costs.
- Unusual features – Any unusual features such as a thatched roof will add to the risk for insurers too.