Make sure you get the best medical treatment by taking out health insurance.
Clean Green Compare can help you find the right policy. Click the green button to get health insurance quotes from specialist providers now.
- In-patient treatments
- Overnight stays
- Cost of appointments
- Prosthetics and wigs
Getting quotes online is:
Click the green button below to get quotes now.
Getting health insurance means you’ll get the best medical treatment when you need it the most.
Health insurance for individuals FAQ
Do I need health insurance?
Because of the NHS, a lot of people who live in the UK don’t consider private health insurance to be necessary. Whilst it’s true that citizens of the UK are entitled to free health care on the NHS, the growing waiting lists and constant strain on resources mean that many people find the treatment they receive via the NHS to be less than ideal.
Will I still be able to use the NHS?
Yes. Health insurance works in tandem with the NHS so it’s not the case that if you have health insurance then you’re no longer entitled to use the NHS services. If you prefer to use the NHS then you can still do that but when you have health insurance you’ll also have the option to get private treatment if you wish.
Are all injuries and illnesses covered?
All accidents are covered under a health insurance policy as is treatment for newly developed conditions. Pre-existing illnesses however, particularly those that are more serious and require ongoing treatment, can make it difficult to get cover although it’s not impossible.
It’s usually recommended that you don’t switch providers mid or post treatment for a ongoing condition as they’ll likely consider it to be a pre-existing condition. This is why it’s important to choose the right provider and policy from the start.
What information do I need to get a policy?
The information you’ll need to provide when getting health insurance quotes are as follows:
- Your name, age and address
- Details about relevant lifestyle habits, most importantly whether you’re a smoker or not. If you’ve quit then you’ll need to say for how long
- If you’d like to add anyone else in your family to the policy.
Can I get cover for my family?
Yes. If you’d like to get a health insurance policy that covers your family then you can get family health insurance. More details on that below.
How much does health insurance cost?
The cost of a health insurance policy will depend on a few key factors. These are:
- Your age
- Your current health status
- How often you drive
- The level of cover you get
Younger people are generally cheaper to get cover for since they’re considered lower risk by insurance providers.
Family health insurance FAQ
What is family health insurance?
Family health insurance is a type of insurance where you pay a monthly premium and in return the policy pays out if you or your family require medical treatment. Family health insurance policies can range from very basic cover that will cover costs for any essential medical treatment, to more comprehensive policies that cover things like experimental treatments and newly available medications.
What’s covered in a family health insurance policy?
A family health insurance policy will usually cover you and your family for any medical treatments required for accidents, injuries and new conditions. If anyone in your family has a Pre-existing condition that requires ongoing treatment then you may find it harder to get cover, particularly if you want the policy to cover treatments for it.
Are there any exclusions?
Things that are usually excluded form family health insurance include:
- Regular GP or dental appointments
- Treatment required due to drug or alcohol abuse
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Cosmetic treatments/surgery
Does my family need it?
The fact that the NHS exists means that health insurance isn’t a critical purchase. However the fact that the NHS has to provide treatment for everyone in the UK means that the speed of treatment isn’t always the best, particularly when it’s not considered an emergency. When you have health insurance you can rest assured that you and your family will receive the best treatment when you need it most.
How much will it cost?
There are a few factors that will affect the cost of a family health insurance policy. These are:
- The ages of the people on the policy – The age of the people you want to add to the policy will certainly affect its cost. For example a partner will typically affect the cost of a policy more than a young child would. In fact some insurance providers let you add young children to the policy for free since they’re considered low risk.
- The number of people on the policy – The number of people on the policy will affect its cost too. If it’s mostly children that you want to add to your policy then it might not affect the price too much, if at all. If however you want to insure several adults then it will certainly bring the price up. How much will depend on things like their ages and current health status.
- The health of the people on the policy – Another obvious factor that will be taken into account by insurance providers is the health of the people you want to have covered. If everyone is in good health, not overweight and nobody is a smoker then this is the ideal scenario since insurance providers will consider you to be lower risk.
Reasons to get health insurance
- Fast track treatment
- Get the best medical support
- Get access to new medication/treatment
You can add your partner and/or children to a health insurance policy too.
Saving money on health insurance
- Lead a healthy lifestyle – When you’re looking to take out a health insurance policy, insurance providers will take your current health status into account. This includes things like your weight, whether you’re a smoker or non-smoker, exercise and any pre-existing conditions.
- Pay for the policy upfront – Usually people will pay for health insurance monthly via direct debit. This makes sense since you can spread the cost to make things more affordable. If however you can make a bigger payment upfront that covers a year of the policy, then you’ll usually be able to make a good saving.
- Get a lot of quotes – The price you’re quoted for health insurance can vary quite a lot from one insurance provider to the next so it’s always worth getting quotes from many different providers if you want to get the best price.
Get health insurance quotes now
Click the green button below to get health insurance quotes from specialist providers now.