Get car insurance with an SP20 conviction
An SP20 conviction is for exceeding the speed limit for type of vehicle. Penalties for an SP20 conviction includes points on your licence, a fine of up to £5,000 and a possible driving ban, depending on the severity of the incident.
Getting affordable insurance when you have an SP20 conviction can be a challenge. Insurance providers will consider you to be higher risk and therefore set the price of your policy higher. Luckily, there are specialist providers of SP20 car insurance, who will be able to offer you cover at a fair price.
SP20 car insurance cover options
- Third party – Third party insurance is the minimum level of cover you’ll need to take out for your car to be road legal. You can get either third party only, or third party, fire and theft if you want added protection for your own vehicle.
- Comprehensive – The main difference with a comprehensive policy compared to third party is it will cover your own vehicle for accidents where you’re at fault for an accident. Fire and theft is usually included in a comprehensive policy too.
- Breakdown cover – Breakdown cover is always a useful thing to have and you could possibly save money by getting it added to your insurance policy.
Saving money on SP20 car insurance
Below are some great ways to save money on your cover –
- Shop around – Getting quotes for car insurance is very quick and simple and one of the best ways to save money.
- Limit cover options – Since having a conviction will bump up the cost of your cover, it’s a good idea to only take out what you need. This will certainly help to keep the cost of your cover to a minimum.
- Increase excess – Increasing the excess you’d pay in the event of a claim is a reliable, if somewhat risky way to save money on car insurance.
Speed Limits Motoring Conviction Codes
|SP20 convictions will stay on your licence for 4 years from the date of the offence|
|SP20||Exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle (excluding goods or passenger vehicles)||3-6|
Get affordable car insurance with an SP20 conviction
If you’ve had an SP20 conviction and think you can’t afford to get car insurance, then you may be pleasantly surprised. The insurance providers on the panel can offer you quotes at a competitive rate, so you can get back on the road again. Click the green button below to get your quotes now.