Get HGV insurance quotes from a panel of expert providers now!
- All Types of Cover
- Cover for Europe
- Legal Expenses
- Loss of Licence
- Several Payment Options
- No Claims Discounts
- Documentation Available Immediately
A Guide to HGV Insurance
Whether you’re an owner-driver or you have a HGV firm, you need to ensure that you get the right type of cover to make your vehicle(s) road legal.
Below are the main types of HGV insurance you can get as well as some ways to save money.
Types of HGV insurance
- Road risks – You need to get road risks cover for your HGV(s) as a minimum. You can choose the level of cover you want from third party only; third party with fire and theft cover; or a fully comprehensive policy, which provides the most protection for your own truck.
- Fleet insurance – If you have a HGV firm and need to insure multiple trucks together then you can do this by getting a fleet insurance policy. Fleet insurance makes it very easy to manage the vehicles in your fleet and usually ends up being cheaper than getting individual policies.
- Liability claims – Protect your business from liability claims by getting public liability insurance included in your policy. You can also have legal expenses added to your policy too.
- Breakdown assistance – You can also get breakdown assistance added to a HGV insurance policy.
Ways to save money on HGV insurance
- Make your premises secure – If you have a HGV firm then you need to make sure that the premises where your vehicles are kept is as secure as possible. This means have access security measures such as wall spikes, as well as security lights, alarms and CCTV. These will all help to lower the cost of HGV insurance.
- Hire reliable drivers – Another way to lower the cost of HGV insurance is to hire reliable and experienced drivers.
- Pay annually – If you’re able to pay for your insurance upfront on an annual, rather than monthly basis then you will be able to make a good saving.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes from a lot of different insurance providers is another way to save money on HGV insurance. Luckily it’s now very easy to do this.
Get HGV insurance quotes the easy way
To get HGV insurance quotes from expert providers now, simply click the button below.