Click the green button now to get courier van insurance quotes from specialist providers.
- Third Party
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Fully Comprehensive
- Breakdown Assistance
- Expert Advice
- Easy Payment Set Up
- Instant Documentation
The unique risks that couriers face
If you work as a freelance courier then you may be tempted to simply get a regular car or van insurance policy that covers you for road risks. Whilst getting protection for road risks is certainly important, a regular motor insurance policy is not adequate for couriers. As a courier, you face unique risks due to the fact that you spend a lot of hours on the road and are transporting goods that could easily be targeted by thieves. Because of this you need to get a policy that will not only protect your vehicle but also protect your goods for theft, damage and loss. This is exactly what a courier insurance policy does.
Getting a good deal on courier insurance
When it comes to getting a good deal on courier insurance, there are some very reliable ways to do this. These include –
- Don’t get a bigger van than you need – The size and power of the van you have will make a big difference to the cost of your insurance so try to go for the most practical model you can.
- Increase your excess – Increasing your excess is a good way to save money upfront but it is somewhat risky since you’ll need to pay the extra later if you do make a claim.
- Secure your vehicle – Take any steps you can to make your vehicle more secure and park it somewhere safe – ideally in a locked garage. Vehicles parked on the street are much more likely to be broken into so avoid this if at all possible.
- Get quotes from different providers – Getting quotes from different insurance providers is easier than ever and can save you a good deal of money.
Choosing the right level of cover
With a courier insurance policy, you can choose from the standard types of cover for road risks i.e. third party only; third party, fire and theft; and fully comprehensive. Goods in transit cover will also be included, which protects the goods you’re transporting while on the road. You can also choose to have additional types of cover added to your policy, including public liability, breakdown assistance and windscreen repair.
Get quotes now
Get courier insurance quotes now by clicking the green button below. All you have to do is provide some information about yourself, your vehicle and your insurance needs and you’ll then be able to compare your quotes and choose the best one.