Cleangreencars.co.uk is proud to support Road Safety Week 2018.
The theme for 2018: Bike Smart
Road Safety Week is an annual event organized by road safety charity Brake. The theme for this year’s Road Safety Week is Bike Smart. Cyclists and motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable road users in the UK, with a third of people killed or seriously injured traveling by bike. Due to the fact that cyclists and motorcyclists don’t have the same level of protection as those in vehicles, it’s incredibly important that other road users take any steps they can to help protect them.
The main ways in which Brake would like to raise awareness for Bike Smart in 2018 are –
- Encouraging policy-makers in the UK to put more focus on road safety for cyclists. Although there are a lot of cycle lanes in the UK, there is still a lot that can be done to improve the safety of roads for cyclists. Brake hopes policy-makers will invest in further infrastructure to make UK roads more cycle-friendly.
- Encouraging motorists to take care when near cyclists. This means slowing down and giving them plenty of space when overtaking.
- Encouraging motorcyclists and cyclists to ride as safely as possible as well as using the correct gear.
Ways to get involved
There are a number of ways you can get involved in Road Safety Week 2018. Below are couple of the most popular ways for you to help you out –
- Promote the event at your school/workplace – One of the best ways you can help with Road Safety Week is to promote the event at your school, workplace or in your local community. There are a number of ways you can do this. One would be to put up posters that come with the free action pack you can get from the official website. You could also promote the event online via social media or through an email newsletter.
- Organize your own event – Another way to promote road safety week is to organize your own event. Putting on an event is a great way to get different people involved and spread the awareness of Road Safety Week in a way that’s fun.
Find out more
If you’d like to find out more about Road Safety Week 2018 then simply click here to visit the official website where you can read the statistics related to road safety as well as print out a number of free posters and banners.