Have your highly tailored LGV quotes within minutes. Just click the green button to get started!
- UK and European Cover
- Legal Costs
- No Claims Discounts
- Breakdown Assistance
- Fleet Insurance
- Instant Documentation
A Guide to LGV Insurance
It’s essential that you have proper cover in place to be able to operate your business legally and protect yourself and other road users. Luckily getting insurance for LVGs is now easier than ever. If you click one of the red buttons you’ll find on this page, you’ll be able get your quotes immediately. For more information about the types of cover available as well as great ways to save money, keep reading.
Types of Cover
- Comprehensive Cover – A comprehensive insurance policy will provide full protection for any type of road traffic accident that you (or one of your drivers) are involved in. Comprehensive insurance covers other drivers vehicles for accidents that you’re liable for as well as your own vehicle. This makes it an excellent choice for LGV truck drivers since these vehicles are very expensive to replace.
- Third Party Only – Third party insurance is the minimum level of cover required to be able to drive an LVG legally. Whilst it does provide protection for third party vehicles in accidents where you’re at fault, your own vehicle will not be covered. Third party insurance is very affordable but you should consider carefully whether it provides enough protection for your needs.
- Loss of Licence – If you were to lose your licence then being unable to work could put you under a lot of financial strain. Loss of licence cover will protect you in such a scenario and give you chance to get back on your feet.
- Public Liability – Liability claims are something you always have to be wary of. There are so many scams out there involving motor vehicles that you can never be too careful. If you were to face a liability claim then it could be devastating if it went against you. Protect yourself against this by having cover included in your policy.
- Fleet Insurance – If you have several LGVs that you need to insure then by far the best way to do it is by getting a fleet insurance policy. A fleet insurance policy is much easier to manage than several individual policies. Not only this but it usually works out much cheaper than getting vehicles insured individually too.
- Legal Fees – If you have to fight a liability claim then the legal expenses can soon mount up. If you’re going to get covered for liability claims then it makes sense to have legal fees included in your policy too.
- Breakdown Assistance – Any LGV driver should always have breakdown assistance in place. You may already have breakdown cover but it’s always worth asking how much it would be to include as part of your policy since you could save a good deal of money. We also provide HGV insurance.
Why Get LGV Cover Online?
You might be wondering why you want to get quotes online from specialist providers. Well below are some of the best reasons –
- Save time – When you’re looking for LGV insurance quotes, you don’t want to spend time contacting different insurance providers just to get quote. By getting your quotes from one place, you can save yourself a great deal of time and get your insurance taken care of quickly.
- Save money – Perhaps the best reason to get multiple quotes online is that it can save you a good deal of money. Comparing quotes from different providers lets you see which quotes are competitive and which are not.
- Easy claims process – If you need to make a claim on your policy then you want to know that you’re not going to have to fight just to get a pay out that you’re entitled to. With the insurers on the panel, the claims process is quick and easy.
- Multiple payment methods – Anyone with a UK credit or debit card can take out a policy and get it set up very easily.
- Highly tailored policies – When you get LGV insurance from a specialist provider, you can specify exactly what type of cover you want. Every driver/firm has different requirements so being able to tailor a policy is always a big advantage.
Ways to Save on LGV insurance
- Check driver history – If you run an LGV firm and insure your trucks yourself, then one of the best ways to keep the cost of your insurance down is to only hire drivers that have a lot of experience as well as a clean driving history with no criminal convictions. Doing this will show your insurance provider that you take safety seriously and as a result they’ll be able to offer you a policy at a discounted rate.
- Pay in one go – If you can afford to pay for your policy upfront rather than on a monthly basis then you should certainly do this as you stand to save a good deal of money. The discount that you can expect to get for paying upfront will vary quite a bit from one insurance provider to the next but you should always push to get the best possible price.
- Get lots of quotes – The most reliable way to save money on LGV insurance is to get as many quotes as possible. Getting quotes is now incredible quick and easy so you should always do this. Once you have the quotes you can then compare them and see which provider offers you the best policy at the best price.
Getting Quotes is Quick and Simple
It’s important to make sure that you don’t pay more than you should for your LGV insurance. The best way to do this is by getting quotes from several different insurance providers. You can do this very easily by clicking on the green button below. Once you’ve supplied some information about your insurance needs you’ll then have access to your tailored quotes.