Click the green button below to get access to quotes from a panel of Gritter Lorry Insurance specialists
- All Types Of Cover Available
- Breakdown Recovery
- Legal Expenses
- Fleet Insurance
- Expert Advice
- Documentation Available Immediately
A Guide to Gritter Lorry Insurance
>Regardless of the type of vehicle you drive, you must have the right level of cover in place for it to be used legally on UK roads. Third party insurance is the lowest level of cover you can get although often it’s not adequate to provide enough protection. Gritter lorries are used in the winter months when there’s snow or ice on the roads. Due to their large size and unique usage, gritter lorries require a special policy which is offered by insurance specialists.
It’s always a good idea to get the most comprehensive cover you can for your gritter lorries. If you own a fleet then you’ll be able to benefit from getting your gritter lorries insured under one policy with fleet insurance. This will save you both time and money. Since the risks associated with gritter lorries are fairly high, you’ll certainly want to ensure that you have the right options included in your policy. For example if a member of public or one of your own drivers were to become injured then you might find yourself facing a hefty legal claim. Without legal expenses covered in your policy this could prove to be devastating.
A good insurance policy will protect:-
- The lorry and its contents
- The lorry driver/owner
- Modifications that have been made to the lorry
Many operators who own gritter lorries like to use an insurance broker when looking for insurance. This can be very useful especially if you’re inexperienced when it comes to insuring this type of vehicle. They’ll work on your behalf to ensure you get the best deal possible on your policy.
Some of the benefits of getting insurance online includes:-
- Special discounts for lorry owners – If you own your own vehicle, then you’re able to get a discounted rate on the policy.
- No claims bonuses – As with any other type of insurance, the longer you go without making a claim, the less you can expect to pay for your policy. If you already have a good no claims history then you’ll be able to get a good discount on your policy.
- Breakdown assistance for the UK – When you drive a gritter lorry, you don’t want to take the risk of being stranded somewhere with no mean of being recovered. Whilst some drivers/companies already have breakdown assistance in place, you may be able to get it at a better rate by having it included as part of your policy.
- Quick and easy claims process – When it comes time to make a claim, far too many insurance providers make it into a headache. Therefore it’s comforting to know that if you need to make a claim on your policy, the process is quick and painless.
- Several payment options – You’re able to pay for your policy using any major UK debit or credit card. Once it’s set up, you no longer have to worry about it.
- Expert advice – If you’re not entirely should what type of cover to get then expert advice is available so you can get the best deal possible for your vehicle(s)
- Instant documentation – You will have documentation available as soon as you take out your policy.
Additional Types of Cover
- Loss of Licence – If you were to lose your licence and unable to work for a period of time, then you’d be compensated until you were able to get your licence back.
- Windscreen Repair – Windscreen repair may not seem like a necessity but it’s certainly something you’ll be glad you have when you need it.
- Public Liability – If a member of public were to be killed or injured as a result of you (or one of your drivers) driving recklessly then you could easily find yourself facing a liability claims. These types of claims can be financially devastating so getting public liability cover as part of your policy is always recommended.
- Fleet Insurance – If you own multiple gritter lorries and want to get them insured in the easiest way possible then a fleet insurance policy is the way to go. Fleet insurance is not only easier to set up but it nearly always works out cheaper then insuring the vehicles separately. Making claims is much quicker and simpler on a fleet policy too.
- Legal Fees – If you did end up facing a liability claim then it’s not just the pay out you’d have to worry about but also the cost of fighting your case. Legal expenses count mount up very quickly so having them included in your policy is definitely a good idea.
- Pay Upfront – It might not always be feasible to pay for your policy upfront but if you can afford to do this then you’re likely to save a good deal of money. Most insurance providers prefer it when you pay more in advance so it puts you in a very good position to negotiate a better price for your policy. Discounts vary but always be sure to push for the best price possible.
- Employ Experienced Drivers – If you operate your own firm and want to insure your lorries yourself then employing experienced drivers with clean driving histories is one of the best ways to save money.
- Get Multiple Quotes – An incredibly easy way to save money that many people still overlook is to get multiple quotes. Getting quotes from different insurance providers will enable you to compare them easily and pick the best deal.
Get Multiple Quotes Easily
It’s always advisable to shop around when you’re looking to buy insurance. The best way to do this is by using an insurance comparison service that enables you to get multiple quotes from one place. All you have to do is provide a bit of information about your vehicles and what level of cover you require. You then get your quotes and can compare them for features and price. Simply click the green button below to get started and you can receive quotes from some of the UK’s largest insurance providers.