Your horsebox is a likely target for thieves, especially for those kept in isolated, rural locations. But there are a few measures you can take to deter them.
- Park it somewhere safe – avoid leaving your horsebox or horse trailer on the road where possible. Instead lock it away in a garage, or park it on a driveway. This will also help to reduce the cost of your Horsebox Insurance policy
- Install CCTV – installing highly visible CCTV cameras may make thieves think twice about stealing your horsebox. And if it doesn’t, the footage could help police catch the culprits
- Secure your vehicle – putting wheel clamps on your vehicle will make it much more difficult for would-be thieves to move it, while a strong steering lock will give you added security
- Fit an alarm – an anti-theft alarm is a good way to scare off thieves that attempt to break in to your vehicle. The sound will likely frighten them off, while attracting the attention of passers-by
- Get a tracking device – a satellite device will help you track down your horsebox or trailer if you are unlucky enough to have it stolen
- Invest in an isolator – isolator switches disconnect the battery from your vehicle, stopping thieves from starting it. They’re also a great way to save battery life
Get the right insurance
Unfortunately, even with the best will in the world, you might be unlucky enough to have your horsebox or trailer stolen. That’s why it’s vital that you get the right Horsebox cover or Trailer insurance, tailored for your needs. There are many specialist insurance providers out there ready to do just that. To get multiple quotes in just a few minutes, click on the button below.