Get car insurance with an SP40 conviction
An SP40 conviction means you were found guilty of speeding in a passenger vehicle. Having this type of conviction can make it a challenge to get insurance at an affordable rate. That being said – there are specialist providers of car insurance for those with speeding convictions and getting quotes is a quick and simple process, so getting affordable cover might not be as difficult as you thought.
The punishment for an SP40 conviction includes points on your licence as well as a possible fine and driving ban.
SP40 car insurance cover options
- Third party only – Third party only is the minimum level of cover you’ll need to get. It will provide protection for other road users if you’re involved in a collision where you’re to blame.
- Third party, fire and theft – If you want to keep the cost of your cover down but still want some protection for your own vehicle, then third party, fire and theft would be a good choice of cover.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy will provide the most protection for your own vehicle, since it will be covered even in the event that you’re to blame for an accident. Fire and theft is usually included too.
Saving money on SP40 car insurance
Below are some good ways you can save money on SP40 car insurance –
- Get limited cover – One of the best ways to keep the cost of car insurance down is by getting a basic third party only policy.
- Increase excess – You also have the option to increase the excess on your policy. This is what you’d pay if you had to make a claim.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes is very easy to do now and it’s a very good way to make sure you don’t overspend on car insurance.
Speed Limits Motoring Conviction Codes
|SP40 convictions will stay on your licence for 4 years from the date of the offence
|Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit
Get SP40 car insurance quotes the easy way
Getting SP40 car insurance quotes is a quick and easy process. Simply click the green button below and you’ll be sent your tailored quotes directly.
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.