Compare DR40 Conviction Car Insurance
- Cover available for your DR40 motoring conviction
- One short form – save time & money
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK DR40 Car Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of convicted driver insurance specialists
Getting DR40 car insurance
A DR40 conviction is for being in charge of a vehicle while your alcohol level is above the limit. This conviction comes with a penalty of 10 points on your licence.
Having a DR40 conviction can make it seem like getting car insurance at an affordable rate is impossible but there are a number of convicted driver insurance specialists out there who can provide you with a reasonable quote.
Types of DR40 car insurance available
- Road risks – Road risks is the most fundamental type of car insurance and will ensure that you’re able to drive your car legally. You can choose from third party only; third party, fire and theft; and fully comprehensive. A third party only policy is the cheapest option and will make your car road legal even if it doesn’t provide much protection for your own vehicle. If you want more protection then fully comprehensive is a good option.
- Breakdown cover – In addition to cover for road risks, you can also get breakdown cover added to your policy. Not all insurance providers give you this option but it’s definitely worth considering for those that do.
Ways to save money on DR40 car insurance
- Pay upfront – Paying for your policy upfront, rather than monthly, is a very good way to reduce the cost of your car insurance. Most insurance providers will give you a good discount for paying annually so it’s definitely worth considering if you can afford it.
- Get a basic policy – Having a conviction means you can expect to pay more for cover. This being the case, getting a basic third party only policy is a very reliable way to avoid spending more than you have to.
- Shop around – Getting car insurance quotes online is incredibly quick and easy and is one of the best ways to avoid overspending on your insurance.
Drink Driving Motoring Conviction Codes
|DR40||In charge of a vehicle while alcohol level above limit||10|
Get DR40 car insurance quotes now
Getting DR40 car insurance quotes is very quick and easy. Simply click the green button below and once you’ve filled out the necessary form, you’ll then have access to you quotes.