Compare DR20 Drink Driving Car Insurance
- Cover available for your DR20 motoring conviction
- One short form – save time & money
Search & compare cheap quotes from UK DR20 Car Insurance providers including
Tailored quotes from a panel of convicted driver insurance specialists
Finding affordable car insurance with a DR20 conviction
A DR20 conviction means you were found guilty of driving or attempting to drive while unfit through drink. Unfortunately having such a conviction can make it harder to obtain car insurance at an affordable rate. If you have a DR20 conviction, then it’s a good idea to do everything you can to keep costs down while also getting quotes from specialist providers who can offer you insurance at a reasonable cost.
The penalty for a DR20 is 3-11 penalty points, depending on the circumstances of your conviction.
Types of DR20 car insurance available
- Road risks – Road risks, also known as collision insurance, will cover you for being involved in accidents with other road users. You can choose what level of road risks insurance you want depending on your budget and how much cover you want for your own vehicle. Third party insurance is the cheapest but will only cover the other party’s vehicle if you’re to blame for the crash. If you want full protection for your vehicle then full comprehensive cover is recommended.
- Breakdown cover – You can also get breakdown cover from most insurance providers. It’s always useful to have breakdown cover in place and you’ll often find it’s cheaper to have it included in your policy than getting it from a third party provider.
- Replacement vehicle – You can get replacement vehicle cover too. This is especially useful n the event your car is badly damaged or written off.
Factors that affect the cost of DR20 car insurance
Some of the main factors that affect the cost of car insurance, other than a conviction, are –
- Your age – Age is always an important factor that insurance providers take into account. Generally people under 25 will pay more for their cover because they’re considered a higher risk group, particularly those with convictions.
- The level of cover – The number of cover options included in your policy will affect its cost too. Third party only cover will cost considerably less than fully comprehensive insurance for example.
- The value of your vehicle – The value of your vehicle will of course affect how much your insurance costs too.
Drink Driving Motoring Conviction Codes
|DR20||Driving or attempting to drive while unfit through drink||3-11|
Get DR20 car insurance quotes easily
You can get DR20 car insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers in a matter of minutes. Just click the green button below to get started now.